Honored Contributor

Re: Girls, Whom Among Us Did WW Exchange Programs Of the 1980's?

@ECBG : I have all the dvds, I have the exercise chair, plus the dvds for chair exercise, and a recumbent bike - but  struggling to use it. Just need to install ejection button on the recliner and get busy. Just recently purchased standup walker to help with better mobility. From Jan to March had major issues with vertigo. 

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@ECBG  That's not the same recipe as mine, but I remember reading that any zero point veggies could be used.

@PA Mom-mom I'd love to see yours.Smiley Happy  Could you please take a picture on your phone and post it?

@ECBG  I've been consolidating my recipes into a cookbook for my family, so I rewrote everything and got rid of the originals. Here is what I have:

Ingredients: 1 ½ Cup diced onion 10 packets chicken bouillon and 8 cups of water (or my preference: 8 cups chicken broth) 12 Cloves garlic (I'm wonderinf if that's a typo???) 4 Cups Chopped Green Cabbage 2 Cups Chopped Broccoli (optional - not in original) 7 Cups thinly sliced zucchini 2 Cups thinly sliced carrot 2 Cups chopped tomato 2 Cups celery 3 Cups sliced mushrooms (optional, but I think it lends a meaty element) 1 Can Cannellini beans (or other) (optional - not in original) ¼ Cup chopped fresh parsley 2 Teaspoons dried basil leaves ¼ Cup chopped fresh basil ¼ Tsp. pepper Directions: In a large stock pot, combine onion, broth mix (if using), and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent (don’t let the garlic burn).  Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Sautee for 5 to 10 minutes. Add 8 cups of water or the chicken broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook until vegetable are soft. About 20 minutes. At this point you can remove about 2 cups of the vegetables and puree them to make the soup thicker, but I don’t.

@PA Mom-mom 

Looking at the beans (starchy protein) and especially carrots (which metabolize into sugar), your soup must have been on maintenance.  

Mine was given to us right after we started.  My class was 1981.  I went back in my origonal belt loops after having our first son.

I think chicken broth, garlic, parsley, green pepper, okra, mushrooms, and boc choy would be a good combination.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@ECBG : I have all the dvds, I have the exercise chair, plus the dvds for chair exercise, and a recumbent bike - but  struggling to use it. Just need to install ejection button on the recliner and get busy. Just recently purchased standup walker to help with better mobility. From Jan to March had major issues with vertigo. 

@SouthernBee Are your DVD's from Leslie? 

Don't forget to call your doctor and tell him you're starting a weight loss journey, OK?

Honored Contributor

@ECBG : Yes - LS but all the older ones nothing recent.

Respected Contributor

071C061F-539C-49AF-BB3B-DDB3FD37DC7F.jpeg

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

Oh dear, this one is on it's side.........

I am having a terrible time with posting of photos!🤣🤣🤣

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@ECBG : Yes - LS but all the older ones nothing recent.

@SouthernBee You might do better with the one for older adults because of the walker.  Please don't over do.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG  The beans were an addition I made for my children's benefit. They weren't original to the recipe.

Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

Oh dear, this one is on it's side.........

I am having a terrible time with posting of photos!🤣🤣🤣

@4kitties Thank you so much.  As I was reading it, I thought, "there are things here that wouldn't have gone with our plan".  Surely, it's 1996 when the complaints about slowwwww loss were wide spread.  That would have been our last 2-3 weeks.

My soup is the Quick Loss soup.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG : I do have more items for older seniors. My doctor said to put on  my favorite music, use a chair to put hands on for balance and move legs and feet like walking in place. Really need to focus on things for balance and strength.