Esteemed Contributor

Although this is usually a talk with tween boys, it can be a thing with all ages and sexes.  Not sure this is a real question.

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou   In my experience, dreams about an ex-husband are more likely to be nightmares than romantic interludes.  How soon some people forget!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Sexual dreams can temporarily satisfy physical needs or desires and are not affairs. In this case the lover is the deceased ex-husband.The only "bad" thing is when or if it negatively affects her marital relationship due to the comparison.

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

Is it possible to have an affair with a past ex-husband that is deceased ? My friend is having  intimate dreams with her ex-husband, and is going through a bad time with her  present husband having health issues. And she says she does wake up happy and loved by her ex in these dreams. And she shared with me if this could be considered an affair.?

@BeccaLou @It's a dream. It's not an affair. 

Super Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

She must be thinking of her ex husband in her sub conscious.  No harm there, he was a part of her life at one time.   She shouldn't be concerned at all.

@LindaSal 
Agree.

Honored Contributor

The subconscious is seeking relief from the hard days of caregiving for current husband and it reverts to a happier time and that is our mind's way of preventing what we might call "crack ups."

Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@depglass wrote:

She might tell herself her ex possibly has more serious health issues than current husband.  I think she might have regrets, even if she didn't initiate the divorce.

@depglass 

The ex is dead.

Well that's definitely a serious health issue!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

For one, you can't have an affair with someone's who's dead.

Secondly, she's not having intimate dreams with her ex-husband, she's having these dreams of her ex-husband.

It's a shame her present husband is having serious health issues.  I've always believed that even when things are bad, there is still intimate love and it's a way of telling our bodies we still want to live on.  She may want to work on that with her DH.