Respected Contributor

Is it possible to have an affair with a past ex-husband that is deceased ? My friend is having  intimate dreams with her ex-husband, and is going through a bad time with her  present husband having health issues. And she says she does wake up happy and loved by her ex in these dreams. And she shared with me if this could be considered an affair.?

Respected Contributor

@BeccaLou   I believe you can reassure your friend that these intimate dreams she is having about her deceased ex-husband do not constitute infidelity on her part.  

She doesn't really have much control over her dreams and it may just be the subconscious telling her that despite her present difficulties with her ill husband's health problems that trying to be patiently loving will help her through this difficult time.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

No comment really on the dream issue, just happy to see I'm not the only one who couldn't sleep. 😴

Respected Contributor

@Shanus   I'm definitely a night owl and always have been.  When I decide to sleep, though, at whatever odd--to others--hour I drop off easily and quickly.  

Significant Other is an early to bed and early to rise type of soul.  So I get some of my much needed alone time during these odd hours.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435   I fall asleep fairly easily around 11PM, but sometimes by 3:30 begin dreaming about ideas for paintings or jewelry, paints and stones I'd use and before I know it, I need to get up and begin to sketch. 

I'm also really hungry. Molly's asleep in the kitchen/sunroom and you know what they say about "letting sleeping dogs lie". So have to wait for coffee and maybe will make pancakes when DH gets up at 7. He sleeps like a log and doesn't even hear me sitting in bed with my IPAD. Must be nice. 

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou  @aroc3435   If I had an ex-husband, deceased or otherwise, an intimate affair dream could be quite enjoyable.

As long as it's just a dream, your friend's not having an affair. I believe our dreams are not in our control. If they were, I'd still be asleep dreaming about my pancakes.

Respected Contributor

No. An affair is what you do when you are conscious. Not when you are asleep.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

She must be thinking of her ex husband in her sub conscious.  No harm there, he was a part of her life at one time.   She shouldn't be concerned at all.

Honored Contributor

She might tell herself her ex possibly has more serious health issues than current husband.  I think she might have regrets, even if she didn't initiate the divorce.

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass wrote:

She might tell herself her ex possibly has more serious health issues than current husband.  I think she might have regrets, even if she didn't initiate the divorce.

@depglass 

The ex is dead.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.