Honored Contributor

My Dry Hands Feel SO Much Better!

I know a lot of us have dry hands.  I do love the Aveeno skin relief lotion because it doesn't make me gooey!

I have started using disposable gloves to cook in!  I deal with extreme dermatitus on my hands, especially when cooking for the holidays with the results of a burning red rash on my hands from all of the water and soap.  I also have been on Accutaine for cystic acne, which dries you out.

I got the gloves on amazon by just looking up "disposable food safe gloves".  Lovin' them!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Dry Hands Feel SO Much Better!

[ Edited ]

@ECBG  Someone recently recommended Nivea Creme to me for dry hand relief. It is very moisturizing, does not clog pores, and has a pleasant scent. My hands are loving it!😊 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Valued Contributor

I always use the reusable gloves for dishwashing. Otherwise my thin, dry hands and fingernails would be painful.

Respected Contributor

I've been using disposable gloves for ages. It started when I would buy my own size small for work, because heaven forbid they order smalls for just one person. After I retired I realized I still had two double boxes of 400 gloves.

So then I started using at home for cleaning bathrooms, then kitchen, then garage, then my mom's  apartment. Decided to wear them one day while making pizza dough. Hated getting stuff under my nails. That lead to wearing them while preparing other items.  Next thing I knew I put a pair on to eat buffalo wings. Then ribs. Yes, I realize I'm contributing to the landfill. But they're already purchased. I might as well throw them away used than unused.

Honored Contributor

I have a large jar of pure coconut oil.  I've had it for a long time.

In the winter I put it on my hands, feet and elbows.

It works like a charm.  

QVC used to sell it.

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

@ECBG  Someone recently recommended Nivea Creme to me for dry hand relief. It is very moisturizing, does not clog pores, and has a plesant. My hands are loving it!😊 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles 

Thank you, Luv!  Does it go right in no gooey???

Esteemed Contributor

I love Aveeno also

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I have a large jar of pure coconut oil.  I've had it for a long time.

In the winter I put it on my hands, feet and elbows.

It works like a charm.  

QVC used to sell it.

@Annabellethecat66 

Hey LUV!!!  I can't have goo in my hands here or at work.  How is it?Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

It's kinda greasly at first but don't use a lot and it will be absorbed.

I'd just use it at night.  My little sister is allergic to just about everything.  She uses it.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG   I've used Aveeno Bath wash, body lotions and hand cream for years. There are different types and strengths. I use their face wash and face lotion with 15 Sunscreen under stronger SPF. 
  I really like the unscented at bedtime.