Honored Contributor

Re: “FAMOUS TALK SHOW HOST”

[ Edited ]

I hear her say that too and im not impressed at all. Most things on any of  Opies list are very expensive anyway. Just like here Fav Things list.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Your thread title sure threw me off! Not sure what you are talking about so, bye!

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

I do subscribe to her magazine, so I look over her favorite things when it comes out. And every year I get a little mad about the fact that everything is so expensive! It's just ridiculous in my opinion. Does she think we are all as loaded as she is? I'd like to see items at every day prices. This is just my opinion. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've honestly never seen "the list," so I have no idea what's on it. I never got to watch her show either. I couldn't unless I taped it every day! Then I would run out of room on the machine. I do, of course, remember "You get a car. You get a car. Everybody gets a car!"

Hasn't it been a while since she's been a talk show host?

Anyway, it's like the hosts describe stores without saying the name, and let's not forget "the happiest place on earth "!  Smiley Wink

Why can't they say the name? I don't understand. (?)

Honored Contributor

@Bri369   I agree about BD. I love the pieces I have, but didn't see them on her list. I will say that would not have deterred me from purchasing my long cardigans or something I really wanted.

My first cardigan was purchased on vacation and I don't think I knew it was on Oprah's list...just loved it. 

Honored Contributor

@hckynut   Sorry, John. 

Honored Contributor

@speedy girl  Did I hear correctly that O MAGAZINE was going out of print? Anyone else read/hear that?

Trusted Contributor

I could care less what a 'celebrity" endorses. Most likely it will be a product he/she is being paid money to endorse, plus I have never been impressed by "celebrity" status.  First responders are more valuable in my book.

Honored Contributor

I don't care about Ms. O's list or anything she says or does!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Okay??? So.......   ???  What is the purpose of this?