Honored Contributor

Re: Every Summer Has a Story

Fall Activities | Apple Picking

Happy Sunday!  I hope your Sunday has been pleasant and restful.  I was wondering about the apple picking.  Do you go to help the farmer pick his apples or are you picking apples to buy?  

I've called and spoken with both of my sisters this morning and they seem to be alright.  Wishing them a wonderful Sunday.  The sun is out nice and bright today and I hope that it dries up the front and back decks.  

What do you like on your roast beef sandwiches?  This shopping trip, I bought Hillshire Farms roast beef, it's more well cooked than the others.  Also, swiss cheese, horseraddish and bell pepper.  I should have gotten a tomato but didn't get one for some reason.  And I didn't get the baby spinach, used instead of lettuce.  More food value.  Maybe next shopping trip I'll have it more together and get everything.  I made the mistake of not having a shopping list.  

I sure hope that this repair shop can get my truck finished soon.  I've been seeking out other repair shops with good reviews, in my area.  It's still wet today but tomorrow or very soon it's time to bathe Junior.  And with lower temperatures, I want to clean my truck inside and out.  It really needs it.  There are always things to do.  

I hope that the rest of your Sunday is peaceful and blessed.  Take care and big hugs!  Heart

Honored Contributor

Funny Car Wash on Pinterest

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Car Wash Funny GIFs | Tenor

Honored Contributor

Breakdancer at the car wash | Funny gif, Car wash, Car

Honored Contributor

@hullie wrote:

@mousiegirl 

I enjoyed looking through your Christmas decorations pictures that you posted the link for! I love all the woodland creatures. I am specially like the one of a big bear laying down with a bunny, Fox and an owl on its back. It is very different, I've never seen anything like it. 

@hullie   I think I bought it at zulily.  It resides in my hall on top of a commode with a lantern also.

Years ago, the Holiday forum was really something.  There was a group of us and we had so much fun.  I hardly see any of the others post any longer.  I posted threads of all of my seasonal displays, especially Christmas, so there are many still there. I will post the Christmas links here leading up to Christmas.  I think the first thread was in 2016.  I view them periodically since I don't decorate to the extent I did then, younger then, takes me longer now.

I will post the Fall and Halloween links in October, don't decorate for Halloween any longer, but one year, I decorated the front of the island for Halloween and that was it, but the first one was fantastic if I do say so myself, lol.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet Caroline 1 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

Speaking of chicken salad, I just found this from the Blue Jean Chef:  I wouldn

t go to this trouble just for myself except for the celery, though I may try it one day.

• ¼ CUP chopped red onion
  • ¾ CUP walnuts coarsely chopped
  • salt
  • 2 POUNDS chicken breast
  • 3 ribs celery chopped
  • 2 apples diced
  • ½ CUP dried cranberries
  • 2 TABLESPOONS chopped fresh parsley
  • ¾ CUP mayonnaise
  • Juice from ½ lemon
  • 2 TEASPOONS Dijon mustard
  • ½ TEASPOON celery seeds
  • freshly ground black pepper

• Start by preparing your ingredients. Place the diced red onion in a small bowl and cover with cold water. Let it soak for 20 minutes (or longer) to make it less pungent and then drain the water away.
  • Toast the walnuts by tossing them in a dry skillet over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes or on a sheet pan in the oven at 350ºF for 10 minutes. Set the toasted walnuts aside.
  • Poach the chicken breasts by bringing a large pot of water to a boil. Season the water with salt and add the chicken breasts. Let the water return to a boil and then simmer for 2 minutes. Turn the heat off, cover the pot with a lid and let the chicken sit for 20 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board. Let it cool for 10 minutes, then cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces or shred the chicken with two forks. Place the chicken in a large bowl.
  • Drain the red onion and pat it dry with a clean paper towel. Add the onion to the bowl with the chicken, along with the toasted walnuts, celery, apples, dried cranberries and parsley.
  • Combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and celery seeds in a small bowl. Add the dressing to the bowl and stir to coat everything with the dressing.
  • Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Chill until ready to serve.

@mousiegirl,  I recently changed my recipe to using cranberries instead of grapes because I can't count on the grapes being sour or sweet.  I like dark meat chicken because its more tender and has more flavor.  I don't pick at a whole chicken anymore though.  So I brine the chicken breasts and flavor the cooking water very well then chop fine after chicken cools. I use to taste-  chicken, cranberries, apples, pecans, cerery and mayonnaise.  I also like the traditional version with chicken, onion, celery and bread and butter pickles.  Either way, I won't be late to supper.  Smiley Happy

@Sweet Caroline 1   I am a thigh and wing person, except when it comes to chicken salad, it must be breast, and I usually only put celery in it, though this recipe looks good.  Chicken breasts butterflied and grilled with melted white cheddar cheese on them is a staple here, so yummy served with sweet onion.  DH eats it like a hamburger, I just have mine on a plate with a pile of thinly sliced sweet onion and sometimes have a blot of mayo,  they are so good if not overcooked.

Esteemed Contributor

@meallen616 wrote:

NATIONAL APPLE DUMPLING DAY | September 17

@meallen616  & all:  I LOVE apple dumplings!  They are especially good in the Fall when it's chilly outside. 
  Several years ago I went to a horse show in Ohio with my friend. Her daughter was competing. A food tent had homemade chicken soup, and apple dumplings. Delicious!

Dollywood has apple dumplings in their old mill. Our  bus driver recommended them and most of us went to enjoy them. 
   Today I organized most of the garage on the new shelf, but it got too warm. I might need to use the new two small ones. 
   Tonight is Mexican dinner night, then the Dolphins play football. My son's favorite team since he was about 6! 
   My granddaughter has been at a farm feeding & cleaning after goats, llamas, chickens, horses, exc. 

Her mother is bringing her here after they eat dinner there. I'm glad she takes her shoes off when she comes inside! Ha!  Last time Snickers couldn't stop smelling her. 
     🍎🥧 🧹🌮🌯🐐🦙🐶

Honored Contributor

@Sweet Caroline 1 wrote:

Fall Activities | Apple Picking

Happy Sunday!  I hope your Sunday has been pleasant and restful.  I was wondering about the apple picking.  Do you go to help the farmer pick his apples or are you picking apples to buy?  

I've called and spoken with both of my sisters this morning and they seem to be alright.  Wishing them a wonderful Sunday.  The sun is out nice and bright today and I hope that it dries up the front and back decks.  

What do you like on your roast beef sandwiches?  This shopping trip, I bought Hillshire Farms roast beef, it's more well cooked than the others.  Also, swiss cheese, horseraddish and bell pepper.  I should have gotten a tomato but didn't get one for some reason.  And I didn't get the baby spinach, used instead of lettuce.  More food value.  Maybe next shopping trip I'll have it more together and get everything.  I made the mistake of not having a shopping list.  

I sure hope that this repair shop can get my truck finished soon.  I've been seeking out other repair shops with good reviews, in my area.  It's still wet today but tomorrow or very soon it's time to bathe Junior.  And with lower temperatures, I want to clean my truck inside and out.  It really needs it.  There are always things to do.  

I hope that the rest of your Sunday is peaceful and blessed.  Take care and big hugs!  Heart

@Sweet Caroline 1   How is Junior's skin doing?

Honored Contributor

hello all

not muchhere

was sunny this morn we are now in midst of rain showers with cold front moving in tomorrow.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

Apples Basket GIF - Apples Basket Fruit GIFs

@Sweet Caroline 1 I have only been apple picking to buy for myself.  We use to pick at least a couple of baskets and I  would make bread, coffee cake, apple butter, cookies, cake, applesauce and pie.  I would freeze apples in sandwich baggies to use all year long.