Honored Contributor

Re: Every Summer Has a Story

[ Edited ]

@Sassy7356 wrote:

May be an image of map and text

I live only 105 miles from where I was born.

@Sassy7356,   I was born about four miles from where I was raised.  Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

355 Goodbye summer Vector Images | Depositphotos

Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

@Sweet Caroline 1 , such a sweet story about your Junior riding in your truck. It is nice that he gets to do that with you. I can imagine he loves to do that. 

I am sorry your sister experiencing continued pain. Prayers for her. 

I am glad you got your truck, and it is working well for you. Enjoy your Friday. Blessings. 

7216ce518846649ff2736507ad533080.jpg

Hey @Tissyanne,  Thank you for this sweet doggie picture.  I think that my sister wants to wait until after Christmas for her small surgery.  When she has good days, I'll try to get her out and let her have a good time.  Thank you for your prayers for her.  She is a young soul in a painful body.  Oh boy am I glad too that my truck is fixed and back at home.  See you in the fall thread,  Big hugs sweet friend!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Sweet Caroline 1 wrote:

@possummink wrote:

May be an image of text that says 'Good Morning, Beautiful soul!'

Hi my Friends,  I know it's past noon, but thought this was so pretty.   It's cooled off a bit but humid as we had a few showers last night but really need a steady rain.  The big rivers, especially the Mississippi River are running low.  Farmers need to start shipping corn and soybeans downriver soon and may have to ship lighter loads if the rains don't come soon and raise the levels of the river.   

My forsythia bushes are showing wilting signs, leaves are droopy.  The tomatoes and peppers are still producing but I am able to water them as needed.  Need to mince up some habaneros and jalapenos to freeze for winter use.  

My hip is still giving me a fit, the right one mostly, but then my PC has said I have arthritis in both hips and knees.  Last time I went, the first of Sept.  one of his PA's said they could give me the name of a new orthopaedic doctor.   I haven't seen my regular Ortho doctor for over 15 or so years.  I don't even know if he's still practicing.  He was awesome, the Cardinals and Blues had him as one of their doctors for the team members.  I hate to have to start with another new doctor, but may have to sometime down the road.    

Last week we had some really chilly nights and I'd forgotten to turn down the thermostat from 62 into the 50ies, and sure enough, with the windows open, the furnace kicked on.  I couldn't believe it, heating up all of the area.  I wasted no time getting to the thermostat and turning the temps. way down.  Felt so dumb!! and it was dumb of me!!!  😏😵😂

Thank you for the sweet comments about the grands.  They sure keep the rest of us hopping.  😍

Hey @possummink,   It's so good to hear from you.  My sister was told that by her exrays, she has a great deal of arthritis in her back and knees so I know that you suffer with those hips and knees.  I can't remember, cold compresses or warm compresses and ibuprofen.  Every now and then I'll get some terrible aches that cause me to moan out loud.  I take the ibuprofen and spray on the Icy Hot and in a while it helps a lot.  But I don't have it on a constant basis like you and my sister.  Plan ahead to layer those bloomers and leg warmers to keep the aches down to a roar.  I wonder if you use a heated blanket.  I think they make heated throws.  May be a good gift for you and my sister.  I hope you feel relief with those aches.

I'm glad that you're still getting some tomatos and peppers.  So rewarding growing your own vegetables.  I'd love to have a tomato sandwich with one of your tomatos. Tasty!

I saw on the news that some waterways were low.  One boat has gotten stuck on the mud beneath.  In my area, we usually have a dry spell during the fall.  But make up for it with hoards of rain the rest of the time.  The farmers are such a blessing to all of us and they suffer through the bad weather with their crops and trees but still try.  I'm going to start saying special prayers for the farmers.  What would we do without them.  

The season is closing for cutting grass but soon you'll be bringing in your plants and picking up limbs and such.  You can do those things when your body feels up to it I hope.  Take special care of yourself dear friend.  Give the kitties some little pats from me.  Love you! Heart

@Sweet Caroline 1  I use a heated mattress pad which fits the entire bed, which is best for hip and back issues, and have for years.  Before I discovered them, I had a heated blanket to help with my bad hip, now replaced, and I even use it a bit during the night unless the weather is very hot

@mousiegirl,  Thank you for the information about the heated mattress pad.  I'll look into that and pass it along.  I love the cooler weather but it sure brings out the aches and pains.  Hugs!

Honored Contributor

@1Snickers @viva923 and @AnikaBrodie  and everyone in the path of the strong storm, please be careful and stay in touch if you can.  God Bless you all!  Love you all!

Heart

Honored Contributor

This thread is now CLOSED.  Please join in on Grate-FALL for Autumn.  See you there!

May be an image of text