Honored Contributor

Welcome to the boards !  Most of us are very happy to have you here.

Valued Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

Either way is okay with me. Speaking of those two words, I'd like to get some recommendations on buying a new tweezer.I don't need it for my eyebrows. It's the occasional hair that pops up on my chin. 

~~~~~~

@Silver Lining   Good question!

I kinda like tweezers.  Here's what has worked for me fr Amz:

1)     Vastar Tweezers - 12 Pieces Precision Tweezers Set, Anti-static ESD Tweezers Kit with 11 Precision Non-magnetic Stainless Steel Tweezers in Canvas Bag  (945 ratings) ($14 less 10%)

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61Ck92C+VpL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

#2)    Tweezer Guru Eyebrow Tweezer Set (4-Piece) for Women & Men - Professional Slant and Pointed Tweezers Set with Case - Precision Tweezers Kit for Facial Hair, Splinter and Ingrown Hair Removal

"Amazon's Choice"  (9,967 ratings, ~4.7 score) (<$15 currently)

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/918MGTLP9yL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

#3)  Tweezer Guru Ingrown Hair Tweezers - Pointed Precision Tweezers for Eyebrows & Ingrown Hair Removal - Blackhead and Splinter Tweezer with Sharp Needle Nose Point (2 Piece Set, Black (Point+Slant))

(Ratings 8,138) (~4.7 rating)  (colors) ($11.04 currently)

@Silver Lining 

If selecting only 1, I would suggest #2 above

If selecting "all purpose"... #1 is comprehensive, (esp if you want to try to save your fingernails, which I tend to use as "tools" .. heh

And of course, as our "Resident Beauty Expert" @Shanus has suggested, "Tweezerman" is an excellent name for tweezers also.

Good luck, @Silver Lining !!

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .

Valued Contributor

Y'know... I've been "plucking my eyebrows" for lotsa years...

I kinda like the idea that I'm "tweezing my eyebrows" instead, as my own  personal preference...

So, I think I'll start "tweezing my eyebrows" &

.. *whisper* "plucking" those nasty, wild, wiry, sneaky hairs on my chin!

Hopefully I'll remember this, 'cause y'know... ..

.. sometimes, it's difficult to  "teach an old dog, new tricks"   Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

@TwinkleBell 

Thank you so much for taking the time to post all of the pictures and suggestions!!! You're great to help me 'cause I keep messing with a stubby little hair that must have popped up overnight. I couldn't nab it and ended up pinching my skin by accident Smiley Sad  

Edited to add, I'm ordering the two sets 1and 2 that you recommended. They look like good quality tools. 

Valued Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

@TwinkleBell 

Thank you so much for taking the time to post all of the pictures and suggestions!!! You're great to help me 'cause I keep messing with a stubby little hair that must have popped up overnight. I couldn't nab it and ended up pinching my skin by accident Smiley Sad  

Edited to add, I'm ordering the two sets 1and 2 that you recommended. They look like good quality tools. 

~~~

@Silver Lining   I hear ya!  I have a pair of "worn out, "old," "seen better days" designated "Utilitarian tweezers" right beside my 'puter here, for grabbing things like dust on the keyboard, paper that fell betw the cracks, etc... 

....  NOT sharp, & not supposed to be for those nasty, wiry, chin hairs.... but the other night, I absentmindedly indulged myself, & tried to grab the little chin stub with these same crappy, old, "utilitarian" tweezers, & took a small chunk out of my chin!   NOT a good idea!  OUCH!

.. So of all the other "good tweezers" I posted above, I'll move one of them over to my desk drawers here.. for those errant "chinny chin chin" hairs!"  heh

@Silver Lining  You are most welcome!  Good luck!  Enjoy! Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@TwinkleBell 

I like the way you "talk." Helpful, and if you don't mind my saying, clever and entertaining.

Respected Contributor

I use this instead of tweezers for brows and all facial hair. Perfect and no pain!

White Eye Brow Trimmer, For Professional, Rs 100/piece Avon Traders | ID:  21362488333

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Dog wrote:

Time for the everyday posters to pile on a new poster.

Oh yes, @Lucky Dog the typical warm welcome. I don't know what they think we are supposed to do on a discussion board. @gravy46 strap on your suit of armour and keep posting. Ignore the nasty comments.

By the way I can't tell you how many times I posted with misspelled words, bad grammar etc. Sometimes I'm in a rush and don't go back and check, and other times it's actually my computer, and spell check. Who cares either way. 

Welcome to the boards! You will get used to it here.