Respected Contributor

The biggest concern for me is that you were allowed to return candy (even though it was unopened) assuming it was re-stocked.  Too many variables for safety in this scenario - I wouldn’t want to buy it.  

So many places and people that would love receiving some candy through donation.

Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2.  You are correct in your assessment of the manner in which this situation was handled.  Wal-Mart is usually better than that. 

I had a hang-up trying to place a grocery pick-up order last week and had to call their 800 number.  I mentioned that I'd been having trouble entering new orders and all my recent old orders were missing including one where i was supposed to get a credit for 1/2 gal of milk.  The CSR instantly gave me a $10. credit with no verification at all.  He fixed my problem and apoligized.   Nicely done.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Goodness😲! I am so sorry to read some of your posts, and have had similar experiences of being overcharged, but nothing of this magnitude. I can certainly understand your frustration regarding the ambivalence of the employees.😕

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Re: Done with Wal-mart.....

[ Edited ]

This doesn't sound like the Walmart I know.  Walmart doesn't want to lose customers and from my experience will bend over backwards to please.     

Not all managers in stores have their lights on, though.  Walmart hires locally and sometimes they can't find good ones.    

Sounds like CS made a mistake and the manager made you prove you were innocent.

I would report the manager to Walmart.  Call 1-800-Walmart or email your experience highlighting their rudeness and implying you might be guilty of pulling a fast one. 

Wow, I can't stand that!  Implying a customer might be a thief is one of the worst things a retailer can do, IMO.

Honored Contributor

Similar story, different outcome.  Two times in the past month.

One time received a large pack of Charmin toilet tissue that I didn't order.  Online CS told me to keep it, give it to a neighbor, relative, friend, or return it to my local Walmart.

Second time received 32 cans of Friskees in the box.  CS told me the same thing.

Hadn't been charged for either one.

On returning both to Walmart, I thought the same thing would happen to me that did happen to you.  "No way", I said to myself.  I'd be accused of stealing so I didn't return them.  

Not only that, it was their error.  If they wanted it back, send someone to pick it up or pack and return it to where it came from.  

These retailers wanting us to use our gas and time to drive to their local stores or use our time and packing tape to send it back to correct THEIR errors is for the birds.  

Honored Contributor

Sounds like a key strike error on the part of the cashier resulting in a zero transaction.    There is no way the cashier could have "collected" on a credit card transaction in any case.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Occasional Contributor

Re: Done with Wal-mart.....

[ Edited ]

This is unreal. People think that they can "be very upset", demanding to speak to a manager, stand in line 20 minutes, (returning food of all things,) and then accuse the people helping them of stealing their money. You should be thankful you got your money back on a food purchase. 

But it's Walmart, so hey. Bottom of the barrel, local folks working there after all. /s

By all means, whenever this happens to anyone, instead of realizing that they're human too, and get treated crappy by many customers, call and make a complaint! Make sure and put their livelihood in jeopardy, because you had your feelers hurt over a miscommunication and/or simple misunderstanding. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Spacrazy wrote:

The biggest concern for me is that you were allowed to return candy (even though it was unopened) assuming it was re-stocked.  Too many variables for safety in this scenario - I wouldn’t want to buy it.  

So many places and people that would love receiving some candy through donation.

@Spacrazy 

How do you know that the bag of candy that you bought wasn't returned and restocked?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Perhaps they need to train cashiers, so they understand what they are doing, before they unleash them on the public

Honored Contributor

@Spacrazy wrote:

-----

I rarely return things @Spacrazy but I once picked up the wrong type of popcorn (and returned it unopened) thinking they could restock it. The CS rep told me food products have to be disposed of. I felt bad and have been much more conscientious of my purchases since then.