Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Know Anyone Who Posts?

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

I wish I did.  Years ago when GJ did Positive some of us exchanged phone # and talked.  We were all in different states except GJ & my dearly departed friend Linda IN MN.  She & I talked for years and I haven't felt the same sense she passed away.  I miss her!

Sometimes it seems that posters know eachother or maybe they just know someones "name" and answer whenever they see them.

I had invited one of my neighbors (Debbie) to join Butterfly & Friends on the new Positive but she is quite ill and hasn't done it yet.

Most of my neighbors know I write here and sometimes when I get a comment out of left field I wonder if it isn't one of them.  Or maybe it's just another poster who doesn't like what I have to say.  I do try to offer help if I have experience on a subject.

Maybe some of you know your friends from FB?  I'm not on there.......Cat Very Happy

@Jackhound Mom

@Was that LininMI @O@ ?  She has a beautiful granddaughter with blond hair who once donated it for locks of love?

I really loved posting with her & she had excellent skin advice.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Yes, I do know quite a few posters from here through e-mail; I'm not on FB either.  I was on FB very briefly years ago but I was uncomfortable with it (meaning I dummy here didn't get all the ins and outs of privacy so I left LOL).

My very first contact, and hers, is @gloriajean  Since 2007.

Some posters have passed away; some have drifted away for reasons known and reasons unknown; some are in constant contact and some are in touch once in a while.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@gloriajean wrote:

Sorry to read that Linda passed away.  I called her one day and she said she was in hospice.  She had to go, nurses were there taking care of her.

When my daughter did the 20 mile walk for cancer, Linda and her husband came over here to donate some nice stuff of the garage sale we were having for that walk.  We had a very nice visit with them both out on our patio. Such nice people.  Yes, at that time we were allowed to give out our email addresses, in fact, they were in our profile if anyone wanted them. Linda is the only one I met personally, but met and emailed quite a few on line even on the phone.  

Are you the Cathy who was in Ohio and moved to AZ?  If so, how are you?

@Jackhound Mom   ⬆️  ⬆️

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

I wish I did.  Years ago when GJ did Positive some of us exchanged phone # and talked.  We were all in different states except GJ & my dearly departed friend Linda IN MN.  She & I talked for years and I haven't felt the same sense she passed away.  I miss her!

Sometimes it seems that posters know eachother or maybe they just know someones "name" and answer whenever they see them.

I had invited one of my neighbors (Debbie) to join Butterfly & Friends on the new Positive but she is quite ill and hasn't done it yet.

Most of my neighbors know I write here and sometimes when I get a comment out of left field I wonder if it isn't one of them.  Or maybe it's just another poster who doesn't like what I have to say.  I do try to offer help if I have experience on a subject.

Maybe some of you know your friends from FB?  I'm not on there.......Cat Very Happy

@Jackhound Mom

@Was that LininMI @O@ ?  She has a beautiful granddaughter with blond hair who once donated it for locks of love?

I really loved posting with her & she had excellent skin advice.

@Drythe--I believe her nic was LyninMI.  I remember her and wonder if she still posts.  She was nice. I hope she is well!

I used to only post on Beauty until I went totally organic with makeup, body and skincare.

I also remember some other posters who used to post there about 10 years ago, Xanax4smiles, PhillyZepHeather, Joella.  I probably hacked their names up!  Do you remember them?

Respected Contributor

@gloriajeanYes!  Unfortunately someone who used to post with us told me something awful and I believed it and backed off of all my friends on your Positive except Linda.

Please forgive me for being so gulable (sp?)  

Linda & I talked almost every day for years even when she ws in the Hospital.  I miss her and I miss us all writing about our lives.

Did you and your DH sell and move to that wonderful place you were considering?  How are your girls? God bless you Gloria Jean!

Hugs,  Cathy

Respected Contributor

@Drythe  No, sorry.  Linda & Cary didn't have kids and neither do Dennis & I.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I don't know anyone, but wish I knew some of the wonderful women who post on AM Style Chat each Saturday.  They are supportive, kind, interesting and seem like people I would like to know.

Honored Contributor

I don't know anyone here although I'd be honored knowing most of you.  After years of contentious "knowing" some people on another site, I've been very careful about it, I even had someone hack the account I was using there.  I'm not a fan of Facebook but a dear friend of mine is and is on all the time.  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Yes.  They are total blessings!

Trusted Contributor

No.  I've stayed away from all the other boards where posters here meet.  Never joined a single one of them.