Respected Contributor

Do You Know Anyone Who Posts?

I wish I did.  Years ago when GJ did Positive some of us exchanged phone # and talked.  We were all in different states except GJ & my dearly departed friend Linda IN MN.  She & I talked for years and I haven't felt the same sense she passed away.  I miss her!

Sometimes it seems that posters know eachother or maybe they just know someones "name" and answer whenever they see them.

I had invited one of my neighbors (Debbie) to join Butterfly & Friends on the new Positive but she is quite ill and hasn't done it yet.

Most of my neighbors know I write here and sometimes when I get a comment out of left field I wonder if it isn't one of them.  Or maybe it's just another poster who doesn't like what I have to say.  I do try to offer help if I have experience on a subject.

Maybe some of you know your friends from FB?  I'm not on there.......Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Know Anyone Who Posts?

I know several posters from these forums.

Many years ago they weren't so strict about exchanging emails here, which eventually led to friendships IRL.

Some who lived in cities nearby each other would even meet up for shopping/lunch! 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

No, but one FB friend is friends with Jane Treacy.  I know my neighbor buys from QVC but we have never mentioned the BB.

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

I wish I did.  Years ago when GJ did Positive some of us exchanged phone # and talked.  We were all in different states except GJ & my dearly departed friend Linda IN MN.  She & I talked for years and I haven't felt the same sense she passed away.  I miss her!

Sometimes it seems that posters know eachother or maybe they just know someones "name" and answer whenever they see them.

I had invited one of my neighbors (Debbie) to join Butterfly & Friends on the new Positive but she is quite ill and hasn't done it yet.

Most of my neighbors know I write here and sometimes when I get a comment out of left field I wonder if it isn't one of them.  Or maybe it's just another poster who doesn't like what I have to say.  I do try to offer help if I have experience on a subject.

Maybe some of you know your friends from FB?  I'm not on there.......Cat Very Happy

Yes, I know a number of posters.  They are on the Mr. Lucky's thread.  Did have the opportunity to meet Gooday and her DH when they were traveling from Chicago to their home in Arizona.  We got together a few times.  Such a lovely couple.  Miss those days.  On there last visit through here, she had her DH take some pictures, and recently she emailed them to me.  So happy she did that.  She calls me often to see how I am doing with my cancer battle, and we end up talking for quite some time.

Some of us were fortunate to get phone numbers and email addresses, and we do communicate that way.  One group of wonderful women.  Love them all.

They all have been very supportive to me during my battle.  Don't know what I would do without them.  

Honored Contributor

I don’t know anybody on the forum but wish I did. 

Respected Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

Yes, I know a number of posters.  They are on the Mr. Lucky's thread.  Did have the opportunity to meet Gooday and her DH when they were traveling from Chicago to their home in Arizona.  We got together a few times.  Such a lovely couple.  Miss those days.  On there last visit through here, she had her DH take some pictures, and recently she emailed them to me.  So happy she did that.  She calls me often to see how I am doing with my cancer battle, and we end up talking for quite some time.

Some of us were fortunate to get phone numbers and email addresses, and we do communicate that way.  One group of wonderful women.  Love them all.

They all have been very supportive to me during my battle.  Don't know what I would do without them.  

That is great!  Thanks

Respected Contributor

@ShowMe  I forgot to ask, what is Mr. Lucky?

Thank you,

Cathy

Honored Contributor

Not that I know of.  We don't have each other's email addresses so I don't how posters would ever connect with each other outside the board.  Unless they already know each other.  I've mentioned the board to friends but no one contributes to it.  I shared enough of myself on the board that if someone knows me in real life, they can easily identify me on the board.  I think I'm old school.  I don't think of people I know from boards or FB as "friends".   I don't know if there is word for relationships like that.  I suppose "social media friends" works and I don't want to meet those people because I enjoy the conversations and I'm afraid as so often is the case with social media, they might not be who or what I think they are.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

@ShowMe wrote:

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

That is great!  Thanks

Yes, that does explains how posters connect with each other outside of this board.  I always wondered.  Whatever Mr. Lucky's is.

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

@ShowMe  I forgot to ask, what is Mr. Lucky?

Thank you,

Cathy

Mr. Lucky is my 5 year old cat.  He is such a beauty.  My sister got him from a neighbor that found him in the street when he was only about 6 weeks old.  She thought he would be an ideal partner for me.  Went down to San Antonio to see him.....we bonded immediately.  Two weeks later I brought him home on the plane with me in his baby carrier under the seat in front of me.  He looked like he was a Siamese, but boy did he change and fool us.  He is not a Siamese, but does still have his blue eyes.  Just love him so much.