Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

After divorcing a WIFE BEATER at age 21...I find this story hard to believe.

@Desertdi .. I was the municipal prosecutor in a Town in New Jersey for over ten years.  I can't begin to count the number of domestic violence cases I had to deal with.  The police could not testify as to the abuse since by the time they arrived atthe abuse has stopped so they didn't see anytning.  I needed the victims to testify,  I would take them into an office to speak to them privately.  Sadly, because of fear or their financial dependence on the abuser, NOT ONE women proceeded with the case so the charges had to be dismissed.   It isn't easy to just leave for most woman,  

@Boehm Collector     I truly do understand that there are MANY different situations. 

I was faced with a man who, after we exchanged rings, announced that I was HIS PROPERTY....and he ordered me around with a LOADED GUN.    I was terrorized.    The "beatings" were for PUBLIC display to show "who was the boss".     

I can look back on this with a little humor....I had one of the shortest marriages in Cook  County (IL) history.       di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi ..you are one of the fortunate ones.  Many women are not as strong as you.  

@Desertdi wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

After divorcing a WIFE BEATER at age 21...I find this story hard to believe.

@Desertdi .. I was the municipal prosecutor in a Town in New Jersey for over ten years.  I can't begin to count the number of domestic violence cases I had to deal with.  The police could not testify as to the abuse since by the time they arrived atthe abuse has stopped so they didn't see anytning.  I needed the victims to testify,  I would take them into an office to speak to them privately.  Sadly, because of fear or their financial dependence on the abuser, NOT ONE women proceeded with the case so the charges had to be dismissed.   It isn't easy to just leave for most woman,  

@Boehm Collector     I truly do understand that there are MANY different situations. 

I was faced with a man who, after we exchanged rings, announced that I was HIS PROPERTY....and he ordered me around with a LOADED GUN.    I was terrorized.    The "beatings" were for PUBLIC display to show "who was the boss".     

I can look back on this with a little humor....I had one of the shortest marriages in Cook  County (IL) history.       di

Respected Contributor

@threecees 

And I think another name prior to that.

Trusted Contributor
I was willing to testify, but like I said earlier he got out on a technicality. He had a camera facing down the hallway facing mine and my daughter’s bedroom doors. My lawyer informed me that if I was home I can unplug it. I went to do that and he physically blocked me. Well when I went to family court my lawyer came with me to give the charges some “bite” and that was on the list of offenses.