Super Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

after I got off work today,I went to a nice restraurant by my self,and had a great lunch.i was so hoping I wouldn't run into anyone I knew,kinda embarrassing dining alone.i could of went with parents,but they were dining at 5,and I knew I didn't want to wait that long. by the way,because I have no computer,and only a tablet,I don't capitalize anything.sorry!happy new year everyone and be safe!

Before the pandemic I used to go out to nice restaurants alone all the time.  Why embarrassed?  Would a guy be embarrassed to go out alone?  Is our money any different?  I do get mad when they ask me if I want to sit at the bar.  Wrong person to ask that question because I usally have a good comeback and they will never ask me that again. It's funny that this is a problem only in the U.S.  In Europe nobody would think twice about a lady eating out by herself and I have never been asked there if I want to sit at the bar.

Super Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 no,I wasn't kidding.ever since my divorce,I've always felt like a total looser when dining alone,which is why I hardly do this.most all my friends are married or have boyfriends.i have neither divorce does something to a person.gives them very low self esteem. I don't wish this on anyone

Something tells me you were married to a narcissist who had a lot of time destroying your personality.  Time to find your self worth either thru counselling or good friends.  May be join a group with the same interests as yours.  You don't need a husband to have a good time.  If your divorce status changed your friendships they weren't your friends to begin with.