Respected Contributor

@sabatini Yep,Im a big girl.I can take rejection.What I cant take is a liar and a phony.I admire a person who can tell it like it is and beat around the bush.I dont like to be lead on either.

Respected Contributor

@sabatini wrote:
@elated, yes, that’s right & as I recall most posters replied w/ a variation of “He’s just not that into you.”
Sorry Sherry.

I also remember her previous posts about this man.  The one question that no one has seemed to ask, is this man interested in any women in a romantic way.  Either way, he should have the courage to be up front with her about who or what he wants.  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

@sabatini Yep,Im a big girl.I can take rejection.What I cant take is a liar and a phony.I admire a person who can tell it like it is and beat around the bush.I dont like to be lead on either.

He did a nice thing. When he heard your birthday plans were canceled because your mom was under the weather, he offered to take you out. Nice friendly gesture. Don't overthink this. He is a friend. I found when a man is really interested, he will let you know loud and clear.😁

Trusted Contributor

Yep, dinner with a friend...no worries, just enjoy and have a happy birthday!

It would be a date if you were dating.

Trusted Contributor

If there are romantic feelings on both sides then it sounds like a date but if not then it's just two friends going out to celebrate a birthday! 

Valued Contributor

hmm... Now that I've had the time to fully read this entire thread...

.. Any updates to this continued saga??

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .