Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Luvsmyfam  - Continue to hang out with him as friends.  If it goes to the next level, you'll know.  Just see where it leads.   It's nice to have a good friend - male or female - so go out and have fun!  

@San Antonio Gal  I really wish @Luvsmyfam  would continue seeing him as a friend. No need to push it. As you said, just have fun.

By the way @Luvsmyfam  is still hung up on her ex and that could be the problem. @Luvsmyfam  just take it one day at a time.

Esteemed Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

@Sage04 happy Easter to you and your family!my date went ok.nothing really special because I was so nervous.i actually saw him again sat for bloodymarys.i guess I'm still confused how he really feels about me.i actually had my family and ex husband today for lunch.it brought back wonderful memories,and even made me a little sad when ex left

@Luvsmyfam  I thought you ran off and got married or something. Great hearing that you didn't cancel the date and that you weren't alone for your birthday.

So the ex? aha. Do you talk about your ex to your friend? Hope not because he will figure out you are still interested in your ex and maybe that's why he's afraid to tell you how he feels.

By the way, Happy Easter also.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Luvsmyfam  - Continue to hang out with him as friends.  If it goes to the next level, you'll know.  Just see where it leads.   It's nice to have a good friend - male or female - so go out and have fun!  

@San Antonio Gal  I really wish @Luvsmyfam  would continue seeing him as a friend. No need to push it. As you said, just have fun.

By the way @Luvsmyfam  is still hung up on her ex and that could be the problem. @Luvsmyfam  just take it one day at a time.

It is perfectly normal to feel a little melancholy, after spending time with someone that was once a part of your life. Unless she tells us otherwise I don't think she is hung up on her ex.

@Luvsmyfam I would just enjoy the friendship. If it goes further great if not you will be just fine. Just keep your options open. Don't spend anymore time stressing. If it doesn't work out there are other people out there. 

Honored Contributor

If you consider this man "safe" then you could have lunch which might be a little more comfortable for you.

Happy Birthday!!!

Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn I'm still A little confused as to how he feels.i actually saw him again sat for bloodymarys.as you've probably read,my ex was here for Easter dinner.it was nice seeing him being at the table with me,our daughter and 1 grandson.brought back wonderful memories

Honored Contributor

@icezeus 

Exactly, why create pressure or drama by having to name the outing where 2 adults had dinner!

Respected Contributor

@sherrikay, not positive, but I seem to remember that you've posted about this guy before, wondering if he's interested in having a relationship with you. Am I right?

If so, then I'd just come on out and ask him, as you've known one another for quite some time now.

It'll spare you a lot of time and remove any pressure you both may feel.

And if he isn't interested, then so what? You'll still have a friend to do things with occasionally.

Muddling through...
Trusted Contributor

@sabatini wrote:

@sherrikay, not positive, but I seem to remember that you've posted about this guy before, wondering if he's interested in having a relationship with you. Am I right?

If so, then I'd just come on out and ask him, as you've known one another for quite some time now.

And if he isn't interested, then so what? You'll still have a friend to do things with occasionally.

I remember the same story that you do. I believe it was about breaking up with him. 

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Esteemed Contributor

@paixmcdao wrote:

@sabatini wrote:

I remember the same story that you do. I believe it was about breaking up with him. 

I remember her stating she told him how he felt and he quit speaking to her. He walked away. So, I am confused as to why one would want to continue torturing yourself over this man. I would treat him like an acquaintance and move on.

Respected Contributor
@elated, yes, that’s right & as I recall most posters replied w/ a variation of “He’s just not that into you.”
Sorry Sherry.
Muddling through...