Honored Contributor

Re: Calling Aunt On The Bay 12/28 22

[ Edited ]

@ECBG,

Aw he probably wanted to play.

The way you described him is like how my grandkids were tonight.

Took a lot for them to calm down so we ended with Moana, lullabies and stories.

That's great that you went to that concert. It must have been fun!

I'm going to move on Friday to a pretty apartment so I've been busy doing all the things you need to do when you move. I think I'll be excited when I get there.It can certainly get overwhelming.

I'm glad Shadow is better with his leg and also your ankle!

I know they take a long time to heal and sometimes a sprain can take longer than a break even.

Sometimes my shoulder still hurts, ok it does a lot if I move it wrong but like Gilda Radnor always said-"it's always something!"

I hope you are liking your part time now instead of full time. and I'm sure Shadow loves that too!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@ECBG,

How are you and are you enjoying your part time or do you miss the full time?

And how is your big baby doing today?

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

I'm now on 4 days a week, but no one is full time without being a manager since about 2015.  I had enough paper work as a teacher and spend most of my time styling.

Shadow is doing fine.  DH is going with DS and friends on their Harleys for 10 days which is hard on me doing all I need to do and give Shadow what he needs.  He is used to a lot of exercise, my nose "runs" in the woods, lol!!!   I can't take off, especially with the 8 days my ankle was on ice, and I enjoy what I do but never have been a "morning person".

We hope you are doing well.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

We hope you are well.  Shadow and I are alone for 14 days.  I'll let you read about it where I called Kachina who loves our lower property.

Shadow loved his walk this afternoon.  It wasn't good for me!

20230428_165441.jpg

See him (to the left) next to the dark green bush/tree?

20230428_165822.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@on the bay 

Our first love, Levi since he looked like he had low riders on!  His sire belonged to the popular singer Usher.

Our son bought him from the breeder and brought him over many times before his eyes opened.  Being on our son's sheets with closed eyes, he thought DS was his moma.

Levi started my love of the breed!  It killed me when he had to cross the Rainbow Bridge.

DSCN0245.JPG

Honored Contributor

Hi @ECBG!

Seeing Levi and your description made me cry because I know exactly what you mean-these dogs just touch your heart and never let it go.

I moved on Friday and guess what I saw yesterday?!

A beautiful white pit bull walking along with his owner right in front of my patio. I wanted to reach over and hug him. Anyway I'm here and the movers were so good and so kind and helpful, and my daughters and sil's too. No steps at last! No one likes moving , it is just not fun at all, but Im happy I am here. I'm only 15 minutes away from my daughters and my grandkids have already signed up for a sleepover. Then my son comes to visit next month.

Shadow looks so strong and handsome in those woods doesn't he?

I know how hard it is to watch him by yourself. I hope Shadow keeps you safe as he goes frolicking thru the woods!

Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

We are so thankful that your transition was as smooth as possible!

I'm sure you will make some new friends and if you walk a little, you are very likely to meet the white dog!  People seem to stay on a path that they're comfortable with!

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if you had little Milk Bone treats in your pocket!!!

If I had a white dog, I would love the name Snowflake or Sugar!  Sometimes simple is best!

Please let us know how your settling in goes.  I'd come over and help if we were close!

To celebrate your move!

Floral print water pitcher with light-pink roses and pastel spring flowers

Honored Contributor

@ECBG,

Oh they are beautiful! I love them-thank you💖!

Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

How is the unpacking going?  Are you an "all at once" person, or do you pace yourself?

I have always been the "run till you drop person" because I never had a minute of my own during the day.  In the last few years, I've toned that down!

Off today.  We have high winds and 60 degrees.  Ugh!  Shadow's sunbaths are in front of the glass door in the kitchen.  I just found him napping on the couch.  I love to hug and kiss that big head and pat that little paw!

I have a sore neck from the way I slept night before last.  I want to do some things today, but I may not.  I'm on the next 3.  Had a wonderful, fun time doing a wardrobe yesterday for a woman.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Hi @ECB!

I am definitely an all at once person.

Each time I tell myself I don't have to do it all at once but I don't listen to myself too well lol!

I'm really liking it here. It does feel like home. And no steps which is why I moved so I am so happy about that.

We used to call our biggest dog "big head" sometimes-and I know what you mean about how wonderful to kiss it and their paws well everything about them.

Isn't it the best girft to love the job you have? I wish everyone can experience that.

I hope your neck feels better and your ankle keeps healing!

Thanks for checking in on me!Heart