Esteemed Contributor

Re: CONFESSION; I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SWIM

When my sister and I were very young, our parents, along with three other relatives purchased land on Long Island and built summer homes.

Our father taught both of us how to swim since we would be spending everyday at the beach during our summer vacations.  By the time the homes were ready for occupancy we were excellent swimmers and ready to enjoy those vacations for many years.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Swimming is really an important life skill .... I hope you find a way to get some instruction.  

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

When my sister and I were very young, our parents, along with three other relatives purchased land on Long Island and built summer homes.

Our father taught both of us how to swim since we would be spending everyday at the beach during our summer vacations.  By the time the homes were ready for occupancy we were excellent swimmers and ready to enjoy those vacations for many years.

@Lindsays Grandma 

Sounds like great memories!   One way or another, we all come in contact with bodies of water   .... taking a short trip on a boat, on a bridge spanning water, or even in a friend's back yard.   People can't always expect that a life vest will be available.