Honored Contributor

@Calcgirl   First of all, she had no right to ask you, especially knowing you were also good friends with him.  Secondly, a good friend should have respected your "no".  You even told her you didn't want to be in the middle. She is NOT showing you any respect at all.  Hopefully, she will see that and apologize.  You have every right to do what you think is best and I think, considering the circumstances.....you did the right thing.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Sounds like she has no one to blame but herself, since the BF asked her to relocate and she refused. Relationships usually don't survive distance. In her 60's, she should have recognized this.

Since she messed up, she's now going to scapegoat everyone else and play the victim. In time, she may come to her senses and seek your friendship again. But, if so, I'd set some firm limits.

Honored Contributor

@Bibione Seriously??? Hire a P.I. over a breakup? That's the silliest thing I've heard all week LOL.

She's 67 and needs to deal with it. He asked her to relocate, she said no. End of story. She's acting like a fool.

Honored Contributor

@Calcgirl 

Remind them y'all aren't in high school any more.  They are  all acting like children.  You made the right decision to not meddle in anyone else's relationship.  If it was me I would just move happily along in life and not give them another thought.  Don't even waste any time being hurt.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@Calcgirl 

Not ones I would consider to be "friends". They obviously don't believe in MYOB in others personal lives. 

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

You were right and they were wrong.

I'm sorry they have treated you as they have.   They are very wrong in that part of it, too.

Trusted Contributor

And if you did ask him and he said there was no other woman, even if there is, and she later found out, would she accuse you of lying?  

I'm sorry you were treated this way by "adults", but I agree with the other ladies here.  You did the right thing. Why didn't she ask him? 

"Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to."  Told to me by a former boyfriend many years ago.

Trusted Contributor

I just want to thank all of you ladies and gent for your kind words.  I agree that the trio of women are acting like mean high school girls rather than mature women . 

I have decided that when I come in contact with any of them I will be cordial, but the friendships have terminated in my book. I do not need the drama or people like this in my life.   

This woman still lives in her teens. two years ago she invited about 10 women over to announce an important occasion. Well, when we all got there she left the room for a few minutes and when she returned she was naked from the waist up! Her announcement was to show us her boob job LOL. Glad she did not have a butt tuck !

Time to move on, I have other friendships!

Honored Contributor

@Calcgirl OMG! I don't know whether to be horrified or to laugh at her "special occasion"! I would have beaten a path to a door to get out of there! And being me, I would have told her exactly what I thought of this "event" just before I ran out the door!

Trusted Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Calcgirl OMG! I don't know whether to be horrified or to laugh at her "special occasion"! I would have beaten a path to a door to get out of there! And being me, I would have told her exactly what I thought of this "event" just before I ran out the door!

I was in shock, as were most of the other woman there.  The other Asian women there took it in stride so maybe it is a cultural thing not to be embarrased to be naked.  She does have a fantastic body and honestly could rival a young woman.  I know she does yoga and goes to the gym 5 days aweek . When the gyms were closed she asked the pilot to buy her a $3000 bike and he did.  So maybe if you have a body like that you flaunt it Lol.  I DO NOT, so I hide mine.