Honored Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest September 2021

@possummink 

I'm so sorry about poor Moose.  He was so beautiful--inside and out.  What a shock to have to make that awful decision while he was so young.  You know you did the right thing for him, but some things just don't seem fair.

I have to believe that someday, when it's our time, we will be reunited with all those we have loved, be it two-legged or four-legged, furry or feathery.

💔🐾🙏

4B9FA73E-C224-4B2D-A553-F875EDB206B3.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I just got home from the vet.  I picked up the medication (silvadene, lol) and after asking for it 4 or 5 times, received a copy of the radiologist report.  I tanked up my car and the gas can for the mower because I read somewhere gas prices could get bad after labor day.  I'm waiting for Walgreens to email my that my NeilMed wound wash and first aid tape is ready.  I placed the order and paid for it at around 6:30 am and I know they open at 9 am.  

Once I found the perfect sihouette for it, Francis learned to tolerate the poncho and I have kept his mouth off the two open areas of the incision for 2 days now.  He wears it all night and I remove it in the morning where I can keep an eye on him.  Today he had it off for 4 hours (was right by me) and I put it on him before I went to the vet.  I'll take it off as soon as I pick up the Walgreen's order.  I can't speak for other birds however I think that giving him supervised breaks without the poncho on is helping him learn to live with the poncho.  On the first day he stood in one place like he was being punished.  Yesterday he lay down with it on and this morning he ate and drank with it on.  It's not flowing or billowing or anything hence the first aid tape.  It's not constricting either, just long enough to cover the incision area.  Yesterday when he walked from one room to the other (I had to put it on before I cut the grass), he was walking like a member of the Ministry of Silly Walks.

Ministry Of Silly Walks GIFs | Tenor

@Bird mama 

😂

It's funny how animals react when they have something foreign on their bodies.  I hope you got a photo or video of him walking like that so you can show him when he's grown, just like all parents do to embarrass their kids!😆

That's great that you found something that will keep him from disturbing his sutures any further.  Along with his laser treatments he should be well on his way to healing rapidly.  

I hope you've been able to relax a little bit now and not worry quite so much about him.

Honored Contributor

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'fineart america'

Honored Contributor

May be an image of bird and text that says 'BREAKING THE LAW LIKE A BOSS'

Honored Contributor

I know I've been missing lots of postings while I had no Internet and then with other matters here at home like Moose's illness etc.  but I haven't seen any postings from @luvsbulldogs.   I may have just missed them by not going far enough back to catch up.  

I hope she's doing ok.   

My oldest grandson's girlfriend just let us know that she's still postive for Covid after 17 days of being sick with it.  She has Covid related pneumonia and has been to the  ER several times even though she's had monoclonal shots to fight it.  

She was fully vaccinated and 3 of her fully vaccinated friends are ill with Covid.   This Delta variety is awful and then there's the Lamba and Mu varients on the horizon.   Wonder when this scourge will end. 

Honored Contributor

May be an image of tree and nature

Honored Contributor

Scottish terrier scottie sits howling on the moon / Lynch image 0

Honored Contributor

May be an image of flower and text

Honored Contributor

@possummink wrote:

May be an image of bird and text that says 'BREAKING THE LAW LIKE A BOSS'

@possummink 

I love this one! 😂❤️

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here today

did chores, did walk, clothes ready for folding.

going to meet up with 3 of the grandkids tonight to see what we can purchase for them on the school lists. DD has not had much luck her way on school supplies so she is driving the 3 of them up to our town to see if she can fair any better

delightful day. later guys