Honored Contributor

For some time, like many here, packages in limbo taking forever - or what seemed to be - to arrive. Well today I received my last order. It feels good too, to not be expecting, wawtching for anything, geez from anybody now that I think about it!!!

Taking a break.

Honored Contributor

I placed an order this morning.  Although there was no mention during the presentation or on the description, it immediately went to "Advanced Order".  I immediately canceled it.  Just not in the mood to play that game again. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not placing ANY advanced orders.

Nope, nope.

Esteemed Contributor

Some of the items I ordered from CIJ (I needed a new wreath and they finally had swags) have arrived this week. 

I still have a few items that I ordered during Valerie's shows in September. I did go in and cancel a couple of items because I don't really need them (and one of them it turns out is not able to be used outdoors - I missed it in the presentation). I prefer decor that is both inside and outside for use.

I'm done with ordering anything else that turns out to be an advance order. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Taking a Break

[ Edited ]

It is getting tiresome. Cosmetic order was to arrive today but it's still in progress eleven days after placing the order, received wrong color in a ring this week, and lantern is lost at a UPS facility in Dallas. And, yes, I'm not at all a fan of the "sneaky" advanced orders they're now doing. It's never stated during the on air presentation, no mention of it on the item page, but yet it is an advanced order situation. Woman Frustrated

And for the love of Pete, why can't QVC fix the search function on the order status page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE! As of today, 10/1, my order status search function is now working again. I sure hope it stays that way!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I cancelled two orders today for same reason....Advanced

One for holiday giving and one recent order for me.

They blame the ships and truckers; but I'm NOT so sure ......?

Esteemed Contributor

I'm done with ordering anything from Q.  My last order is here.  I have everything clothing wise for fall and winter.  I mean how many coats and jackets does one need?  Same with jeans, hoodies, tops do I need? So I asked myself and answered myself that I have more than I need already. I do not go to work anymore so that makes a big difference in my needs.  I'm over my Oh that's cute and buy phase.

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac    Bravo!  I've had that conversation with myself also and came to the same conclusion.  I don't NEED every cute item that's sold. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

At this time, I have to assume that everything is on advance order.  So if I'm in a rush for something, I'm just not ordering it.  Frankly, there has never been anything from QVC that I'm actually in a rush to get.  

Even Amazon (I have prime) has been delaying deliveries.  More & more frequently, I'm getting emails of delays by as much as a week (my usual delivery was next day or two days).  

Trusted Contributor

An advanced order from Hay and Harvest (I knew it was advanced when I ordered it) was supposed to ship the week of Sept. 20.  When it did not even move from Advanced order status by yesterday (Sept. 27), I cancelled it.  It was a gift being sent to a friend, but such is life. Today I moved on to two items that were supposed to ship the week of Sept. 27.  One item, from Valerie, is on its way.  The second item that was supposed to ship this week ( again from Hay and Harvest), now seems to have moved to shipping the week of Oct. 18.  Because that item is for me, I will wait a bit to verify the change ( Part of me believes that maybe the item was available in two shipments and that I will get the first shippment sent out this week and others may get a later shipment. ) However, if that "ship by " week really changed for everyone without warning, it also will be cancelled.  I have four other advanced orders that are food.  If they come, great; if not, I do not care.  But I no longer will purchase anything on Advanced Order so far out.  I realize the issue is not QVC's fault, but I am finding the changing dates to be a bit sneaky. I expect to be notified when dates change.