Honored Contributor

Just now I received emails from both QVC and HSN -- both inform of my orders turning into Backorders.  One was an auto-delivery of My Grandma's cake.  Goodness knows I can afford to wait on that one Smiley Very Happy   The other was a Marla Wynne sweater from HSN, again, nothing urgent.  I just hope they don't get cancelled outright.  

Esteemed Contributor

i ordered stamps from usps.com....got an email a week ago saying they were shipped...haven't received them yet......maybe they forgot to put a stamp on it!!  lol.....

Honored Contributor

My husband and I bought our birthday and Christmas gifts today, and my daughters gifts are already here.   The only gift I'm waiting on is something simple for one of the girls boyfriends.   I am keeping Christmas simple, and doing my shopping early.   

Contributor

@pupwhipped Amen! Amen! Amen! To Everything You Said!!... Especially re: The Order Status! I finally called CS & devoted 1+ hours of my time waiting on hold & then having her go through all my Auto-Deliveries (with her describing to be what an item was & sometimes she had to go back & read the description before it jogged my memory) to make sure the dates were such that something I didn't want didn't all of a sudden show up at my door! (eye roll)

Honored Contributor

A week ago I purchased a pair of Dansko shoes I wanted for myself.   They went on my order report with an estimated arrival date 10 -5.  Sunday night the order report was changed to ‘Back Order’ - no word to me.  I cancelled immediately.

I’ve purchased several vintage American glass compotes from E-bay, really pretty.  Have researched the manufacturer, year of production, and pattern name, going to fill them with homemade Chocolates, wrap in nice linen tea towels, and gift.   I have the ingredients already - thankfully.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I've never placed an order other than the ones I assume they were coming in a week or less.

However, many of them are put on the waitlist.  

I tried to cancel them and was told they could not be canceled.

I said, "So you are telling me that I'll have to pay for shipping to and from me."

She said, "Yes ma'am." 

Honored Contributor

I had ordered a set of Homeworx scented reed sticks. The apple scent I wanted was advance order, but all of a sudden it was cancelled. I got no email like usual and only found out since I check status a lot.

It wasn't a great loss, but interestingly enough, all the other orders I'd placed over the last couple of months shipped and arrived quickly and without issue. I'm taking the win!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

i ordered stamps from usps.com....got an email a week ago saying they were shipped...haven't received them yet......maybe they forgot to put a stamp on it!!  lol.....

@nana59  that's funny. I like it. It's not like years ago when you can pay the mail person when they deliver the mail. Hope you get your stamps before the price goes up again. Hope they are forever stamps.

Honored Contributor

Re: Taking a Break

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 

That is NOT true.

If that is what CS told you, she gave you incorrect info.

You should   ALWAYS   be able to cancel waitlist, backordered and Advanced order items if they haven't gone into processing.

I have a page full of Advanced, Waitlist and backordered orders, I had the cancel option on every single order....I checked.

Contact the mods and ask them to cancel the order IF it is on waitlist etc.

You can NOT cancel preparing or processing.

Honored Contributor

It appears to me, Q has very little inventory and orders are placed with vendors when orders are placed. The right hand doesn'tknow what the left is doing. Shipping, waitlists, advanced orders.....Tired of the "games".