Honored Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest September 2021

Below is part of the reason I've not been posting much the past few days.   There's a follow up to this post.   💔😪

This contains an image of: {{ pinTitle }}

My heart feels like it's breaking and the tears don't stop for long.  I noticed a couple days ago that Moose wasn't eating as much as usual and he was sleeping a lot and breathing heavily.   I thought at first the 8 consecutive days of 90 plus temps plus the humidity etc were finally getting to him.   Saturday I became more aware of his loss of appetite and breathing but he'd come following me whenever I'd check on him and pet him.   Sunday I was just hoping he'd make it till Monday morning so I could get him to his vet.   I just couldn't stand it so I took him to the emergency vet hospital about 10 miles or so from me.   The doctor on duty put him in an oxygen cage and gave him something to ease his breathing.   She suggested some procedures and I said do everything to help him.  An xray revealed a large mass in his chest, in his lungs near the heart.   She said it was probably lymphoma.  Not operable due to location and size.  He's on steroids and constant oxygen.  It's been 24 hours now since hes been in their ICU.   They love him and said he's a very special unique and beautiful cat.  He interacts with them and has eaten for them, not as much as normal, but food is food and I am happy he's eating at all.  I tried giving him water by teaspoon, but it stressed him so I didn't do it much.  He gets fluids from the wet food.   

The vet doesn't see a good outcome for him and mentions I should think about the unthinkable to me.   I don't want him to suffer and have a poor quality of life.  He deserves the best I can give him and I have tried knowing that him being feline leukemia positive,  something like this might happen,   I thought we'd have more time, but it's not looking that way.  He's only 1 year old. and I've never had a cat who loved me like Moose does.  He's my shadow,  constantly near me,  greets me at the door when I come home,  sits at the door when I leave.  etc.   I don't know how I can be without him.   I can't type much  

more or the keyboard will short out from the tears that just don't quit.  

So many are praying for him and I just would love a small miracle because that's what it's going to take for him to be able to come home.  I know many people don't feel like I do, he's my family,  so loved and valued.   I feel so bad about the times he wanted to lap sit but I didn't want warm furry bodies on my lap in the hot weather we've had.  I regret so much the times we could've spent on pets and purrs.   Sorry to go on so much about him.  I thought you might want to know.   If you would just whisper a prayer for him, maybe that would help get the miracle it'll take for Moose to come home to me and the girls.  

PS.  The vet and the techs working with Moose said they've never ever seen a tail like that on a cat.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Copied from a post I put on Puddle's thread. 

My Moose 💖😪💔💔

I made the saddest and hardest decision of my life and helped him cross the Rainbow Bridge this morning.   I was able too love on him, hug him, tell him how much I loved him, and he snuggled my neck and hands.   I held his paws and head as he crossed and earned his furangel wings.  Heaven has another beautiful and loving furangel today.  

I have such a deep emptiness and sadness now and can hardly stand the loneliness and quietness of the house.  It's not the same place without him.  Even the other kitties notice.  Willow snuggled up close to me on the sofa for a long nap.  Biscuit has been meowing, and both have been looking for him along with Mattie.  He would wait for me to get up in the morning along with Mattie and lead me down the stairs to the kitchen, looking back to see me,.  I so miss that beautiful tail guiding me down the steps, waving high as he walked around the house,  flying high behind him on mad chases.  He would greet me at the door when I'd come home from errands, after sitting by the door as I would shut and lock it when leaving.  

I know it was the right decision but that doesn't make it any more bearable.   I thought about putting him in our pet cemetery, but wasn't sure I could dig a proper depth and place,  so for the first time ever,  I am having him cremated and will have him in a little box with his name and pawprint on it.  I can then keep him inside for a while or put him with my other past furbabies.   I wish y'all could have known him in person,  such a very special, loving and sweet kitty.   Short life, lived fully and richly, my Moose.        The tears just don't stop.  💔💔😪💔💔😪💔💔

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sweet and Dear @possummink   I am so profoundly sorry to read that your beloved Moose developed an inoperable lymphoma and that you had to make the most unselfish decision you could have ever made by giving Moose back to God. 

There are umpteen things I could type out in this post to try to make you feel better.  Not one of them are going to be a comfort to you right now.  Heart  Please give Mattie, Biscuit and Willow a kiss from Auntie Bernie in Michigan.  I know they are also grieving.  

My flock and I send our love and hugs across the miles.

Edited to post a different photo since the cat/bird photo disappeared.

6,441 Animal hugs Stock Photos | Free & Royalty-free Animal hugs Images |  Depositphotos

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

May be an image of flower and nature

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama 

Bernie,   Thank you for the kind words about my Moose.   Thank you also for the hugs and love from you and your little feathered family.   They surely are family to you as are my kitties.   The girls are not playing like they usually do and I haven't heard the thundering cat paws running wild and woolly through the house in the middle of the night for days now.   I miss that along with all the antics and mischief perpetrated by Moose for the most part.    Some day,   I'll get to see that sweet boy and his magnificent tail coming toward me across the Rainbow Bridge.  💔😪

Honored Contributor

This brings a good measure of comfort to me.   

Honored Contributor

May be an image of bicycle, flower and text

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text that says 'Good Morning have a happy thursday God Bluss You'

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much today

just delightful today

windows are open and fans in windows, has not been like this since June.

did some chores

did my walk

not much else guys 

later

Honored Contributor

I just got home from the vet.  I picked up the medication (silvadene, lol) and after asking for it 4 or 5 times, received a copy of the radiologist report.  I tanked up my car and the gas can for the mower because I read somewhere gas prices could get bad after labor day.  I'm waiting for Walgreens to email my that my NeilMed wound wash and first aid tape is ready.  I placed the order and paid for it at around 6:30 am and I know they open at 9 am.  

Once I found the perfect sihouette for it, Francis learned to tolerate the poncho and I have kept his mouth off the two open areas of the incision for 2 days now.  He wears it all night and I remove it in the morning where I can keep an eye on him.  Today he had it off for 4 hours (was right by me) and I put it on him before I went to the vet.  I'll take it off as soon as I pick up the Walgreen's order.  I can't speak for other birds however I think that giving him supervised breaks without the poncho on is helping him learn to live with the poncho.  On the first day he stood in one place like he was being punished.  Yesterday he lay down with it on and this morning he ate and drank with it on.  It's not flowing or billowing or anything hence the first aid tape.  It's not constricting either, just long enough to cover the incision area.  Yesterday when he walked from one room to the other (I had to put it on before I cut the grass), he was walking like a member of the Ministry of Silly Walks.

Ministry Of Silly Walks GIFs | Tenor

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise