Honored Contributor

"No doubt BC did what those women say he did, but why didn't these women go to the hospital and the police when it happened."

Probably for the same reason many women don't go to the hospital when they've been raped, they feel ashamed.

Also, he was a man of power, he could destroy their career, and who would have believed them?  They had no idea it was happening to other women.

This all happened over a timeline of some 40 years, we must remember that back then, there was no way to get DNA evidence.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

"No doubt BC did what those women say he did, but why didn't these women go to the hospital and the police when it happened."

Probably for the same reason many women don't go to the hospital when they've been raped, they feel ashamed.

Also, he was a man of power, he could destroy their career, and who would have believed them?  They had no idea it was happening to other women.

This all happened over a timeline of some 40 years, we must remember that back then, there was no way to get DNA evidence.

ITA ..... and I find it odd that so many woman question this .....   rape is the most underreported crime in the U.S. and there was almost no support for female victims back then.

You still don't know why?  Also, I won't watch any "news" but FOX to get the whole story anymore and the truth.  They actually research BEFORE they report...

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

ITA ..... and I find it odd that so many woman question this .....   rape is the most underreported crime in the U.S. and there was almost no support for female victims back then.

We question the veracity of many of these stories because we actually have brains and we don't just rely on our emotions, we think these things through.  If the all those women were grabbed off  the street and dragged into an alley and raped; I guarantee you that a good percentage of them would ave gone to an emergency room or a doctor and made a police report.  There is NO possibility that 35 such rapes would go totally unreported.  Well, the same logic holds true for the women accusing Cosby.  It's mindboggling to think that not a single one of the 35 or whatever number of women claiming rape failed to seek medical treatment or report the attack to the police.  Oh, yeah.  One went to a lawyer...  We all know why.  But she never went to the police.  Not one.  And several of them maintained a friendly relationship with him after they claimed he drugged and raped them.  I do believe that he drugged and raped SOME women, some time.  I do not believe every single one of the claims.  I actually think that the huge number of women with their "just trust me" stories might be the reason why other women with verifiable stories haven't come forward.  They don't want to be part of that group.  Every time I see the name Cosby, I hope that victim reliable victim with a case that can be prosecuted has come forward.  That hasn't happened yet.  I do believe that some of those women knew exactly what they were doing, they went along with Cosby "game" because they hoped he would help them with their careers.  It's ludicrous to think that they feared he would destroy their careers because they didn't have careers.  But he didn't help them, he used them and 35, 40 years later; they want retribution for being lied to and used.  They want their bag of cash.   Some of those women are my age and some aren't much older.  The 70's was not the dark ages!  It was the age of "if it feels good, do it" and it was an era of heavy recreational drug use., especially in the entertainment business.  Another reason why it's logical to believe that some of those women were not victims at all.  Yes, he did indeed drug and violate "some" women but sadly, I doubt that he'll ever be adequately punished for it because it happened too long ago and there's no proof or corroboration.    It seems like he stopped his behavior quite some time ago and while he's lost his reputation and the respect of all decent human beings, while he's become a social outcast now; he's almost 80.  I don't think he cares about any of that now.  He's a very wealthy man and he can live out the next 10 or 15 years in the lap of luxury.  

Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

Not only were there no rape kits or DNA, but reporting a rape to the police went virtually nowhere when the "alleged" rapist was a powerfull and famous man.   They actually told the women not to bother!