Esteemed Contributor

@alleycatnumber1 wrote:

I so hate all of this, but it is what it is. I used to watch the Cosby show religiously every week and just thought he was so great with the kids on the show. The old jello comercials, oh well...  Like they say if it quacks like a duck,walks like one, it's a duck. When just 1 or 2 women came forward I thought well.. but after dozens and dozens came around then you know it has to be something to it. I know so many of us were so fooled, but what a scumbag has emerged.

To All - Please don't be angry with yourself for what that Big Ugly Creeep did.  You too are victims in a way - you actually believed in his fraudulence.  Now, the world knows better about that criminal.  Please stop beating yourself up about this, it's HIS dark cloud forever. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

@susan in California wrote:

STATUTE of limitations.  haha

Looks like even if there is a statute of Limitations and he can't be prosecuted, he is toast and ruined.  Didn't need to prosecute and he didn't get away with HIS lies. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

He needs to quietly retire to a place in the country and disappear forever.  I don't ever want to see his ugly face again.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@susan in California wrote:

STATUTE of limitations.  haha

Your post made me giggle.

I retired from a career where discussing STATUTES of limitations was an intrinsic part of the job. We constantly had to train newbies away from saying "statue" of limitations.

We would tell them " a statue is a structure in a park. A statute is a law". 

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

He will walk.  But he will be a lot poorer.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Okay, I give up ............  

Can somone please explain to me just WHY people can't differentiate imaginary characters on the TV (or movie) screen from the actors playing the part?

Dr Cliff Huxtable and his family were just characters in a tv show .....  yet it seems that so many think the actor playing him actually was that nice guy.

I remember Kerry Washington once saying people thought she WAS Olivia Pope ..... and these were ADULTS, not children!

Doesn't anyone else here think that's a bit odd?

Honored Contributor

Can you believe the gall of "him' now wanting his money back that he paid his victim to keep quiet since the  papers are now public?

.What a scumb bag!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

Can you believe the gall of "him' now wanting his money back that he paid his victim to keep quiet since the  papers are now public?

.What a scumb bag!

Scumbag he his but NOT because he wants to nullify that financial settlement.  I don't know if that is true or not but assuming it is; the settlement was made and the records were sealed.  The woman signed a confidentiality agreement.  Well, if the records were un-sealed at her request and if she is speaking publicly about the case.  She broke confidentiality and she should be forced to give  the money back.  She can't have it both ways just because she wants her 20 minutes of fame. 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@cowboy sam wrote:

.What a scumb bag!

Scumbag he his but NOT because he wants to nullify that financial settlement.  I don't know if that is true or not but assuming it is; the settlement was made and the records were sealed.  The woman signed a confidentiality agreement.  Well, if the records were un-sealed at her request and if she is speaking publicly about the case.  She broke confidentiality and she should be forced to give  the money back.  She can't have it  both ways just because she wants her 20 minutes of fame.

Wants her 20 minutes of fame .... how ?      Do you believe that any woman who has been attacked by that moron thinks this is a good way to get famous?

I could be wrong but I read that she didn't break the confidentiality ..... it was given to a judge to review, and HE made it public.    

Honored Contributor

No doubt BC did what those women say he did, but why didn't these women go to the hospital and the police when it happened.