Esteemed Contributor

I had a dread desced upon me 3 hours ago and request prayers.

Hello Everyone,

I take these feelings, whatever they are, very seriously, as my paternal grandmother had them as well.  It's a 6th sense or as my grandmother would say like her little bird talking to her.

Except this time I am full of dread.  I don't know to what this equates, but think it may be relevant to the purchase of a home we're involved in or perhaps my husband or daughter or GD or SIL. Or, maybe it's me.  I just don't know.

If you are so inclined, I'd apreciate a prayer for Rebcca if you are moved to do so.

God Bless.

Respected Contributor

Re: I had a dread desced upon me 3 hours ago and request prayers.

Prayers being said now for all of you to remain safe and happy!

Respected Contributor

prayers up.  nothing personal meant -  but might you be subject to big hormonal swings.  i know as i was approaching menopause i would go through periods when a darkness would descend that was unrelated to my real life.  it turned out to be my hormones. just throwing it into the mix for your consideration.

Honored Contributor

Wow. Don't worry about it till the time comes! Why walk through life with a "feeling" and let it take you over?? Life is too short.....

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Sfnative, I can understand what you are feeling this morning.  Once every six or eight months I will wake in the night with a terrible feeling of dread - it is an awful feeling.  I get up and read my Bible or pray and over the next few hours it passes.  I trust you are feeling somewhat better by now.

Honored Contributor

@sfnative  Rebecca, I am glad you shared this here and so hope that the feeling has gone away by now and that you are sleeping soundly. 

Hopefuly, there is a medical/ physiological reason for what you feel.

i have had it come on at times, and then amount to a "false alarm."  Not that I didn't appreciate the heavens giving me an early warning.

Never thought of it being caused by hormonal swings, but that sure could be a cause for me no matter my age.

Praying for peace and safety for you. And would you please keep us posted? ❤️

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

sfnative,

Holding you in the light.  

Please use special care and be kind to yourself the next few days.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Rebecca, I've experienced what you describe.  I will pray for you.

Most often, in my case, something does come to pass.  Ironically the deep dread manifests itself in something like a flat tire or appliance going on the fritz.  I think to myself, Bernie you felt something coming, did you have to scare yourself :-)

Please keep in touch with us - we're here for you.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I guess I can safely add here that once a did have a dream portending my dad's heart attack.  In it, he was lying on the cement foundry floor... in the morning... I thought "how odd."  Later that day I received a phone call from my mom (I was in another state and it was very hard to quickly get to them) ... she said "I need to tell you something"  I said "I know what it is."  THAT was as uncanny as I can remember.

Other times I have expressed a dread and then it didn't come true.  So, I guess I will always tend to think that to avoid a disastrous event, it is best to express that dread aloud somehow.  

This is meant to say that I DO take them seriously... but have a superstition that perhaps the warning makes us more careful in our life situations... HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Sfnative, please don't think I'm dismissing your feelings.  I just want to say that if this happens to you often, you might want to consider telling your doctor about it.  What you describe sounds a lot like an anxiety attack.

~ house cat ~