Esteemed Contributor

Today was a bad day for me.

I won't bore you with the details, other than to say that my dad and I got into an argument, and he physically came after me and was shoving me.

I swear, if I could afford to put him in a home, I would.

He's never been physically violent before.

My heart is broken.

It's like something inside of me died today.

I want to give up, throw in the towel, walk away, but I can't.

Being a caregiver is the hardest job in the world, and at times, I hate it.

Sorry to dump.Woman Sad

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry you are having a bad day. I, too, am a caregiver, but have not had to deal with the physical abuse. If it continues or gets worse, you need to do what is necessary for your own safety. (((Hugs)))

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day for you both. Stay positive and be strong. I know it is hard to be a caregiver.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/e3/d9/7d/e3d97dbe5d154e7188dc80464ef6ac3d--hug-quotes-hugs-quotes-sending.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Today was a bad day for me.

I won't bore you with the details, other than to say that my dad and I got into an argument, and he physically came after me and was shoving me.

I swear, if I could afford to put him in a home, I would.

He's never been physically violent before.

My heart is broken.

It's like something inside of me died today.

I want to give up, throw in the towel, walk away, but I can't.

Being a caregiver is the hardest job in the world, and at times, I hate it.

Sorry to dump.Woman Sad

I took care of my mom for a couple years as Alzheimers was slowly creeping in.............it is tough...so i understand what you are going through..............it takes a lot out of you but in the end you are so grateful that you were able to be there for them during those last days.....wish you the best...

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2,I am sure this was tough on your feelings, does he have Alzheimer's?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Plaid Pants2,I am sure this was tough on your feelings, does he have Alzheimer's?

@goldensrbest

Dementia.

He'll be 91 in Feb.

I'm in tears.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest

Dementia.

He'll be 91 in Feb.

I'm in tears.

I am sorry,  try and get a good nights sleep.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

My husband get physically come after me often.

I am foreigner in this country and I dont know my rights. I am afraid to telephone police and tell them that he is abusive to me as my husband may throw me out the house and I dont have anybody that I know to turn to. You see, he know that and probably that is why he is taking advantage of me.

It is awafully sad to be in this cisrcumsances especially now that is Christmas and everybody is happy, especiall not me.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 Sorry for your pain and you sure don't need to apologize for your feelings. You are doing the very best you can I'm sure, and I don't even know you. My mom was a caregiver to my dad for 9-1/2 yrs. it wasn't always easy but she did out of love -- not obligation.  She finally got some help (through Medicare) to get him ready in the mornings and back in the evenings. Do you think some relief will help you? You have to take care of you. God bless you and I wish for you a Merry Christmas.

Respected Contributor

PlaidPants2 my heart goes out to you. I had a similar experience with my father who passed away a few years ago. When he was in the hospital (for complications of diabetes, heart problems), he started to become verbally abusive at times. It took the family by surprise because, my dad was always a calm easy-going person. It wasn't until his final days did we discover he was suffering from early stages of dementia. He never told us he was on medication for dementia. I'm not saying your father has dementia, but it could be a possibility. Talk to the doctor, maybe they can give you some insight.