Trusted Contributor

I am so upset,  to what is going on. This is at least my 5th or 6th this year. I always have my card, but somehow they get to my account and charge. It is mostly charges by doordash. I don't go many places, and only on safe sites to order on internet. I have changed my log  info and passwords.... any other things i can do ? thanks

Respected Contributor

Re: Another debit card hack,

Stop using a debit card. The only place I use my debit card is at my bank's  ATM. 

Regular Contributor

I have always been advised to never use a debit card to order online. Credit card only. 

Super Contributor

I totally understand your frustration I learned the hard way that you don't use your debit cards online. I got caught when I was sending my computer back to the company to fix I called in and the man said it's going to cost you $30.00 to send back, so I said okay I will give you a credit card number and the man said we don't take credit cards do you have a debit card?? duh. so I gave him my debit card number and info and three days later I had over $1000 worth of shipping charges which still baffles my mind. I went to my bank and they put my money back into my account thank goodness but it took a month to get it straightened out.. don't

use that debit card for online anything..

Honored Contributor

@dogsx3 

Do you have Malware as your anti viral on your computer?

Malware is THE strongest.  When they come up and say unsafe site, you back out!

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@dogsx3 

Do you have Malware as your anti viral on your computer?

Malware is THE strongest.  When they come up and say unsafe site, you back out!

Hi yes i always check for the safe site icon. i am going to get another security also, my son checked it when he was here he works for IBM, but he is in Ny and i am in ca.

Honored Contributor

It's someone you know or someone local who has your debit card info.  They gave the security number on the back of the card.  Cancel it and have them issue a new one.  

Respected Contributor

I have a debit card (for many years) I NEVER used except once at the BANK! Got hacked the next week in New York city. They didn't accept because the thieves got the card expiration date wrong..... thank goodness! NOBODY had the numbers but the bank so must be an employee stealing card numbers etc. How could that happen except for an inside job?

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

It's someone you know or someone local who has your debit card info.  They gave the security number on the back of the card.  Cancel it and have them issue a new one.  

i did order another one, afraid to use it now at the few places i used to. I am going to try and carry cash again. What a world !!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dogsx3 @Have you ever used Door Dash? Do you have a Door Dash account, with your email as part of your login?