Trusted Contributor

@Shanus @wishing you and your DH easier days ahead.  Hopefully you both will be feeling much better by the end of June.  Praying that was your summer challenge and it's smooth sailing after June.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus More prayers, good thoughts and wishes for you!  It is so hard on both of you so I am wishing you a little better today than yesterday, and another better one tomorrow!  

Honored Contributor

Re: A ROUGH FEW WEEKS!!!

[ Edited ]

I hope I've thanked everyone here for their concern and prayers.

Today, even in the rain, we're headed to the mall for a walk...still pouring here for 3 days. I'm ready to build an ark. Smiley Happy

DH will walk a little as his doc said...still wearing the compression "stocking" and may walk some and then wait on bench while I get in my cardio. 

Tooth update: my dentist (DH's client, so a special favor) came in late yesterday to X Ray the peg in bone and said it's taking hold in the bone (yuck and double yuck) and I can begin small pieces of regular food...still can't bite off anything since a front tooth...no "biting and pulling" like fried chicken, burgers, etc. still cut

up and placed in mouth to the side to chew...TMI.

The Road to Recovery with tooth will be longer than DH's surgery...a month until next appt. to check out root canal's sucess, molds to make permanent tooth and then a month until "installing" it. He'll have to make me a new retainer and also my bite guard...a gorgous site at bedtime. LOL

So, things looking on the bright side. I had DS and family to help me out over the holiday weekend...grateful, but do feel badly that his beach trip was canceled because of the weather. This afternoon, we'll work on seeing if we can get some refund on the house he rented. Think there was a clause in his contract.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus ...  Appreciate the update, especially when you have so much going on.

Keeping the faith for you and hubbs!  No thanks necessary. Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Thinking of you always, my friend!

Spring Hill Nurseries Roses #86051

Honored Contributor

@ECBG   What a gorgeous garden! Yours? I sure wish it was mine....deer would have a field day. LOL

I sent DH to work today. I called the doc and he said he could drive since it's the left leg still bandaged and the complaining was getting to me. Ha! He may stay only half a day, but I'll get the house cleaned up from the holiday weekend. Also sent him w/ lunch so no meals cooked here except dinner. 

NURSE SHANUS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus 

SO very thankful things are going in a positive direction for you!

I wish those flowers were mine!  We live in the woods; little sun, no color.  My side yard over the side of the drive way.

20230428_165800.jpg

Honored Contributor

Your property is dreamy @ECBG . Just beautiful ...Thanks for keeping in touch.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

So sorry for your issues right now! 🙏🏻

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus  Hi..  just seeing this now.  I hope all is getting better with your husband.  It certainly sounds like he is making progress, which is WONDERFUL.   What an ordeal, but at least you got through it.  My sense of direction is awful as well, so I understand completely!!!!!

I had a back crown fall out with part of my molar attached last Sept.  I just got my new tooth last week.  It was the upper most back molar so I was chewing on the other side all these months!   They had to pull the balance of my tooth,  and do a bone graft back there.  Then let it heal for around 3 months.  Then I had a two part implant put in with time between each.   Finally,  I have a tooth.  I went to an amazing oral surgeon, and never had to take any of the pain meds he prescribed, just in case.  I hope all of your visits are just as pain free as what I experienced,  and that you get your new tooth soon.

You took each thing one step at a time, and with a lot of deep breaths,  got through it all. That should make you smile.

Sending you a hug.