Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus Sorry for the difficulties you've had recently.  Hoping for sunnier days ahead!

When my DH had surgery in Boston I was in the same predicament.  I used my key fob to set off my car alarm, I found it!!  LOL Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

When my husband had same day surgery, they told me it would be about 45 minutes and then I could go back and wait with him until they were ready to wheel him away.

Well, after 90 minutes I went up to the check in desk and asked if they forgot about me.  "Of course they didn't forget, I told you 45 minutes"  Well, it's now been 90 and I'm still waiting.  Funny how quick I got ushered back.

Respected Contributor

I was just thinking that I did not see any posts of you recently.  Glad to see you are "back."  Hopefully you and your husband will be fine. Life has a way of sending us into a tailspin every so often.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus,

For your husband,

get well / Greeting card with tulips and English text: I hope you make a swift and speedy recovery

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus : sorry to hear of your struggles. Hoping things will improve quickly.

Please, get a thorough medical checkup to find out why your sudden tooth loss. 

Not to alarm you, but that happened to my DFIL many years ago, and it was a result of something very serious. I know your concern at the moment is with DH, but do not delay in speaking with and being examined by your PCP and explain to him/her about your sudden tooth loss.

Respected Contributor

Sorry so much trouble, hoping for a lot of happy sunshine real soon.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus

Never fear losing your car in a parking lot again if you have an "alarm" button on your car's keypaid (provided you have a keypad).  

Just push that alarm and your car will very loudly announce its whereabouts.

I lose track of mine all the time. It's a white SUV that seems to have a hundred look-alike cousins in the same place, same time.

In fact, I've had a series of experiences with people trying to get into my car because they think it's theirs.  I did the same thing once.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus @jlkz I use my phone too for location photos! Wouldn't get by without!

Shanus you've been through the mill and back. I hope you and your husband are done with these rough times soon so you can get on with the summer! And I hope you can reschedule beach time with your grands!

Honored Contributor

@jlkz   Thanks. Great idea to take photos of car parked and download reading material, but think my laptop is heavier than the magazines. 

Anyway, home from pre-op and he's doing well. The rest is behind me. 

Honored Contributor

@queendiva   Tooth issue: It was a porcelane veneer almost 20 yrs. old. I must have bitten into a steak or something similar and it was probably shattered because the tooth went, too. Trying not to think about it, but dentist said enough of the "nub" remained so didn't need an implant. been cutting up everything and chewing or biting in front until D Day.