Frequent Contributor

2022 - Can't wait till it's over!

This year has been extremely rough for my family.
Every 2 months something bad has happened.
In January I lost my only brother to covid. In March I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia from long covid. On Mother's Day my brother's wife had a stroke and has been in long term care since.
Last week,DH was diagnosed with prostate cancer. WTH!?!?
I just want to go to bed until this year is over!
Honored Contributor

Re: 2022 - Can't wait till it's over!

@sharkb8 

My family and I are walking the same rough road right along with you.  

I accept that it is what it is, take one day at a time, and just keep praying for the strength to keep going.  

Honored Contributor

@RedTop   @sharkb8   As you weather the storm, keep telling yourselves, "this too will pass".  I hope things soon get better for both of you.  Covid has devastated so many families.  So sad.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@sharkb8 

I am so sorry for what your family has been going through. As for the p. cancer, hopefully it's the type that they recommend watch and wait with blood tests for the PSA.

We went through one year where we lost almost 9 guys because they ignored heart symptoms.  They were 40-50 years old. Three of my aunts....80-95.  And now, we are in that chapter where my classmates have been lost or their spouses.

when they said " golden years," I think they got the color very wrong !

yes, may 2023 bring better news, health and happiness !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Life has its ups and downs, obstacles, bumps in the road, we all experience it.  These ordeals that come and go take their toll on our mental and emotional being.  At times trails all come at once and we look for that light at the end of the tunnel.  I hope the next year is better for those who are struggling to maintain their well being and health.  I always feel when things are down so low, they have no where to go but up.  Stay strong and get through each day as it comes, peace of mind will find you.

Esteemed Contributor

I am sorry you have had a tough year....sounds insane and i hope the next few months things get better...........

i also have hated this year....one nightmare after another and a few which there is no coming back from.   Our prayers are with you.

Valued Contributor

I have this feeling that many people feel the same.  I have many family members and friends who have suffered this year, myself included.  I am just hoping 2023 is better.

Frequent Contributor

Frequent Contributor

DH's prostate will be removed completely. No wait & see.
He's not willing to to try the 'ticking time bomb' method. Can't say I blame him.
I just had to vent with original post.
Others going through trials this year, I wish you peace in your hearts.
Honored Contributor

Ladies, so sorry.  Sending prayers.

Why Don't We See Miracles Like the Apostles Did?