Respected Contributor

Has anyone experienced.......

bees nesting within the walls of their home? Having a problem getting it taken care of through normal channels, people are booked or want a contract. Looking for any suggestions on removal of this hive. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone experienced.......

@panda1234 wrote:

bees nesting within the walls of their home? Having a problem getting it taken care of through normal channels, people are booked or want a contract. Looking for any suggestions on removal of this hive. 

@panda1234  Any licensed pest control company should be able to take care of this for you. Yes, a lot of companies seem to have extended dates these days. I would press that this is an emergency and  ask could they make an exception and have someone out right away.... keep calling......

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@panda1234 We had this issue in our previous home. I agree with @SeaMaiden, call a licensed pest control expert. 

They came immediately and blew something (some sort of powder substance) into the wall through an opening on the outside of the house where the bees were entering. They said it suffocates them. 

Never had an issue again!

Best of luck!

Honored Contributor

Yes, we had a problem with bees in the roof/attic but a bug guy came out to get rid of them--they weren't honey bees tho--but the paper wasps. Then there was an enormous bee nest --the same kind, in the trusses of the roof--had  really big tree fall on my house in 2018 that destroyed the roof/trusses and it all had to be torn down and replaced and they found the nest near up in the rafters under the roof--we never heard anything at all or had any bees inside but it was empty as those type of bees only use their nest once and then move on. Was really an amazing thing to see. The guys kept it for me to look at.

I guess, you need to contact as many bee removers as you can to have them come and look at it--if they aren't honey bees than the bug control people can get rid of them, but you need to see what type they are--we need honey bees---

Respected Contributor

We have a contract with a local pest control company and they don't handle bees.  Years ago we had a problem with stink bugs and they didn't handle that either.  Maybe try calling animal control, I know it's animals like racoons, etc.  but if you can just get to talking somebody maybe they will have some ideas and contacts for you.  Try looking into you local county info too.  Good luck.

Honored Contributor

I recommend putting your name on the shortest list you can find - around here that's almost the only way to get any smaller jobs done.   If you get lucky, someone will have another job nearby and can show up easily one day soon to do yours.

I had a yellowjacket nest along my roofline, so the worker had to climb to reach it, but once he was here, the actual onsite work was very quick and I never had the same problem again.

Respected Contributor

We had a problem with killer bees that were inside the roof over the garage. Ortho came immediately and sprayed a powder into that area. We were told to stay inside the house for 3 days, until all the bees had come into contact with the powder and died. (They flew past the front door to get to the garage roof.)

We didn't have to sign any contract, and they did a great job. I sprayed the roof area with a bug spray with an extension on it every early spring after that.

Respected Contributor

A few years ago when we were remodeling our house, the contractor found am abandoned wasp's nest. It was disgusting; actually turned my stomach.

Respected Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

I recommend putting your name on the shortest list you can find - around here that's almost the only way to get any smaller jobs done.   If you get lucky, someone will have another job nearby and can show up easily one day soon to do yours.

I had a yellowjacket nest along my roofline, so the worker had to climb to reach it, but once he was here, the actual onsite work was very quick and I never had the same problem again.

@millieshops I am finding people are short staffed and want a signed contract. Most can not come until towards the end of October.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

@MAJOR SHOPPER I pest control companies want a signed contract and can not come out until the end of October. Thank you for your input.