Honored Contributor

Re: 2022 - Can't wait till it's over!

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry to read what you and others are dealing with this year @sharkb8 . I was hoping 2022 would be a great year after all those months of Covid, but it hasn't been the greatest. The high cost of living is unreal too!

Honored Contributor

@sharkb8   I am sorry for all the challenges you are facing.  These are really difficult times and many are facing unforeseen trials.  Stay close to your family and be at peace while weathering this storm.  As far as the new year bringing new hope, you can have that very thought as of now.   

Esteemed Contributor

Sharkb8 I'm sorry for what you're going through. I get it because I'm in the midst of upcoming tragedies that are inevitable. My husband, who has Alzheimer's, had a stroke. He is in a skilled nursing facility. He had a prostatectomy years ago. I don't know when his end will come but it will happen sooner rather than later. My 100 year old mother had a severe stroke and is on Hospice. My beagle has terminal cancer. I try to find peaceful moments, escape with old movies and good books but it's hard. Tomorrow I schedule surgery for what I hope is nothing serious. Yes, I also can't wait for 2022 to be over.

Frequent Contributor

Just an awful year so far for me to, I lost my husband of 59 yrs this January,  and then in June my youngest son past away of a bad heart......I haven't had a chance to even try to recover, I don't think I ever will

Valued Contributor

@Hazelfaye wrote:

Just an awful year so far for me to, I lost my husband of 59 yrs this January,  and then in June my youngest son past away of a bad heart......I haven't had a chance to even try to recover, I don't think I ever will

Wow--you really HAVE had a bad year. I feel so sorry for you. I hope you can recover from all this and feel better.

Honored Contributor

Totally understand.  Sending gentle hugs and holding your hand as we too have a few things we also are going though.  It does feel like we go from one thing to another.  

Respected Contributor

@Hazelfaye   I'm so sorry for your losses.  I lost my Dad this year and although it didn't come as a huge surprise, it's still awful and I miss him every day.  And now working with my mom as we grieve and all the things she needs to do sometimes is overwhelming.  My prayers are with you, as I tell my mom, just breathe and take each day one at a time.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Frequent Contributor

I am sorry for your loss.....I am sure your mom is happy for any help you can give her at this time....

For myself I am just trying to hold on the best I can

Respected Contributor

So many heartbreaking stories.  We have no choice but to get up every day and put one foot in front of the other and keep breathing to take care of those around us.  Even that is hard some days.  God bless all of you who are suffering and struggling.  

Respected Contributor

I think just about everyone I know has had a rough year; I know my family sure has. I can't wait for 2022 to be over.