Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the April Exercise Thread

Laura - Irish folktales!  Sounds perfect!  I'm Irish - my father was from No. Ireland and I'm going to Ireland for the first time this coming Sept.  You'll have to tell me what you think of the "blarney" that the Irish tell.  HAHA  I have a couple journals and write in them every now and then.  One my daughter gave me when I went to Africa for the first time.  I take it with me whenever I travel anywhere now and write about the trip and the area, etc.  It'll be nice to have when I'm too old to remember!  So glad you found a yoga book that will work for you too.  I'm like you, I can't go in a bookstore without coming out with something.

I haven't seen Marie do much on the BodyGym on the Q.  Mine does come with a chart so will look at that for the ab exercises to get ideas.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

Laura - Irish folktales!  Sounds perfect!  I'm Irish - my father was from No. Ireland and I'm going to Ireland for the first time this coming Sept.  You'll have to tell me what you think of the "blarney" that the Irish tell.  HAHA  I have a couple journals and write in them every now and then.  One my daughter gave me when I went to Africa for the first time.  I take it with me whenever I travel anywhere now and write about the trip and the area, etc.  It'll be nice to have when I'm too old to remember!  So glad you found a yoga book that will work for you too.  I'm like you, I can't go in a bookstore without coming out with something.

I haven't seen Marie do much on the BodyGym on the Q.  Mine does come with a chart so will look at that for the ab exercises to get ideas.

@JudyL  I am so jealous!  I want to go to Ireland at some point.  I made Western Europe but not the UK.  You'll have to tell us all about it in the Fall.  B&N wrapped it up in plastic wrap so I couldn't even thumb through it.  But as soon as I am off work, I'll rip it off and fill you in on the blarney I dug up on your ancestors.  Smiley Wink

The part of Italy I'm from was supposedly ruled by the Irish way back in the day.  I had an uncle with red curly hair and my own hair has red in it so I'm thinking there is a fairy or leprechaun somewhere in my family tree and it moved me to pick up the book.  LOL  Smiley Very Happy  

Honored Contributor

Laura wrote:  The part of Italy I'm from was supposedly ruled by the Irish way back in the day.  I had an uncle with red curly hair and my own hair has red in it so I'm thinking there is a fairy or leprechaun somewhere in my family tree and it moved me to pick up the book.  LOL

Oh Laura I bet there is a fairy or leprechaun in your family tree!  Watch out, cuz they can pop out at any time!  They can be very sneaky and little mischief makers too - good mischief of course!  I am really looking forward to this trip to see where my father went to University, meet relatives, and the scenery is going to be gorgeous.  My daughter went last September and loved it.

Was trying to find some core exercises on you tube for the body gym but they didn't have any videos that just showed the core.  I would have had to watch hour long Q shows or other long videos and I didn't want to do that.  I'll have to check my chart when I get home tonight.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL  I'll pull out the DVD and see what they show.  I remember her sitting down just like you would a normal sit up. Put your feet through the stirrups to hold the base down and then wrap your arms around or hold the bar in front of your chest.  Then lean back and the BG will help pull you back up.  I roll the bar to make it harder and because I'm short and then also you can pull the bar up like a row or do bicep curls as you lean back and forth to add to it.  It really works you out well.  

I think bopper does the side to side which works your obliques.  I'm still nursing a back injury so I'm not that brave yet.  But that would be another easy one to add as well if you are looking for abs.  

Respected Contributor

Hi, all.  It's fun to read the chatter here.  Lots of good stuff going on.  I wonder how Patty's doing in her new home.  I hope she comes in soon.

This week has been a dud for me.  I needed to give a lot of attention to my tax guy, but that's finally done and is behind me.  I'll get back into !y workouts tomorrow.  

Weather has been mild, but, oh, so windy!  Many days of wind.  It's so irritating, lol.

Honored Contributor

That's who I was trying to remember that posted a lot last time I was here - Patty!  Where did she move to this time?  I know they moved a lot because of her husband's job and I always liked to hear where they were going next.  And her dog stories!  Hope her fur babies are doing well.

Nomless - hope you can get back in the swing of things soon.  It's always hard when one has had a break.

Laura - I bet those exercises are on the chart that came with my BodyGym because they sound familiar.  Will check tonight.

Have had a busy day today at work so feeling a bit tired.  Keeping fingers crossed my jammies don't call my name out the second I walk in the door at home tonight!  Maybe if I sneak in quietly and quickly get into my work out clothes, they won't notice I'm home.  LOL

Honored Contributor

Well I did the PiYo work out for today when I got home from work and then checked out the BodyGym chart and booklet.  Tried one of the ab exercises and I must have done it wrong because it bothered my back after just doing a few reps.  Didn't think I was doing it wrong cuz I did the straps and everything just like it showed.  Anyway, think this weekend I'll spend some more time with it.  My abs and lower back are really weak and out of shape so i have to be careful until I build up some strength.

Now I'm in jammies and going to relax!  Have a good evening everyone!

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday everyone, still snowing here.  We have received overf 32 inches in 6 days... I told ya it won't stop.   Boots, winter jackets, hat, and mitts are the clothing we have to wear every single day!  Can I give a big " Sigh"..................

Today I did 3 miles on the Treadmill and some TG and BodyGym.  Laura go to Bodygym.com and sign up.  You can then get targeted workouts free.

Nomless hope you enjoyed your evening last night.  I'm not sure about the exercise you are talking about, my lower back bothers me a lot also and so does my neck but we just do our best.

Enjoy the day everyone!

Honored Contributor

YEA it's Saturday!  It's been raining here since last night and I'm so glad because we need it.  Got up and did my PiYo workout this morning.  Feeling a bit discouraged because the one I did today - "Sweat" - she seemed to go pretty fast and by the time I got in position I got one or two reps in and then she was on to another.  So I didn't feel like I got a very good workout - although I did sweat.  Some of the positions were hard for a beginner and switching from one to the other so fast made it more difficult.  Hopefully as time goes on and I get stronger/better and know the routines, I'll feel better about it.

Have an appt and then errands and hopefully home to relax a bit later this afternoon.  Hope everyone has a good day today!  

Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday, so much snow, another 7 inches last night.  Over 40 inches this past week!  

I did another youtube workout from The Belly Fit Club, more quieter workout yoga, some abs and shoulders, then did Bodygym upper body, and then shoveled, and shoveled and shoveled...did I say Shovel!  So over it!

Watching baseball now and relaxing.  Found a dead Robin on the ground, there is no food for them, no insects...and so cold.   I threw out some raisins as I know they eat those.

Judy I know what you mean about the PiYo going too fast.  I don't own that but have some dvd's I just get the position and they are on to the next thing, it's kind of frustrating.  Just do your best.

Anyone getting the LOGO today?  I ordered JM's tanning butter last night.  I just had to try it. Her stuff I love, so we'll see.  Not shipping until May so I have time to cancel if I wanted.

Nomless you doing OK?  

Enjoy the day!