Trusted Contributor

Re: LESSMAN MEAL REPLACEMENT BARS?

@1Professor 

Thank you!  I was looking in the product description .

Respected Contributor

@isaboo 

Lessman shows the label for each product.

So useful.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1Professor wrote:

@World Traveler 

Wondering where you have ended up living!?

I was raised, initially in the Bay Area. Now live in Northern Cal.

Lived in Sacramento, Oakland, Santa Clara, San Francisco.

Spent 5 years in Santa Barbara getting my MA and PhD.

(That's as far South as I got.)

I felt better about Lessman's Secure bars after the real world comparisons, down to each ingredient listed. But his midnight show was fabulous. Rich in relevant details. People will eat these for such different motivations.

@1Professor.  I ended up in Washington where I have relatives I wanted to be close to in my old age. Smiley Happy  Not far from the Canadian border. Everything is so green. Not used to that.

I lived in Concord and Fairfield in the north; Costa Mesa and Redondo Beach in the south, spending most of my life in the San Joaquin Valley near Fresno, where I learned to live with triple digit weather. Grew up on an 80-acre ranch, which is a great way to be raised. Lived 30 years in the same home before packing up and moving to Washington into a new home, downsizing.

Loved taking BART into the City and hanging out at Pier 39. Notice I didn't say Frisco; that's a no-no! ha!

Respected Contributor

I'll pass on a "meal replacement bar" and have a healthy meal.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Since there is going to be more made next month and also April, I thought some of you who didn't get a chance to watch the presentations would be interested in these screen shots from the program.

IMG_7964.jpeg

IMG_7965.secure1.jpeg

IMG_7966.secure bar2.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

These are the THREE things he changed due to feedback.

1. Less fiber, citing the fact that Americans are not used to having as much fiber at once as his initial bars had. (Reviews mentioned problems with gas.)

2. Removed the Stevia, citing people didn't like the aftertaste. To compensate he had to add sugar, "about one teaspoon." He wanted it to be sugar-free.

3. Smaller size bars, 30 grams, instead of the 60 gram size. People didn't want to have to break/cut them in two.

It is taking longer to make because they had to re-tool the machines for the smaller size bar, smaller packaging, etc. He said it took him almost a full year to re-do the bars according to the feedback. He has mentioned more than once that the "line" that the bars, packaging, etc. go thru is about the length of a football field. To retool that great length was a major project and it is just taking longer to get his product out. The equipment he used came from Europe.

Because it is taking longer to make the bars, once the special sold out, it won't be until March to have more bars ready to sell. Peanut butter flavor will be added, as he had that as one of the initial flavors. He also mentioned bringing more back in April. Don't know if he meant different flavors, or just that he will have been able to produce more of the flavors he has.

Although I liked the bars as they were, I think it is wonderful that Andrew is not only the creator, he does all the manufacturing, and can pivot his production based upon feedback. Pretty sure companies like General Mills would not respond to concerns by consumers like Andrew does.

Frequent Contributor

Let's just say...... if you don't mind burping out the wrong end you'll love them. 

Honored Contributor

Received my 36-pack of the Coconut Almond Secure bar. So happy to get them and they are great. As I may have mentioned before, I overdosed on the chocolate brownie bars last time (ha!), so I just got the Coconut and will get the Peanut Butter next month.

Forgot to mention in my previous posts that the bars are thinner in the new packaging. At first I thought I was getting the old bars because of the length, but then I remembered that he said he made them flatter, so they are a bit longer than if you had cut the prior bar in two.

Sure fast service in shipping. I got them directly from ProCaps!

Honored Contributor

@Emma Bunting wrote:

Let's just say...... if you don't mind burping out the wrong end you'll love them. 

@Emma Bunting 

Funny way to put it!   LOL  Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Emma Bunting wrote:

@Emma Bunting 

Funny way to put it!   LOL  Woman LOL

I agree.  I'm a huge fan of AL and take many of his products.  I didn't reorder these because of that problem.  I am hopeful that he makes some nut-free bars in the future - like possibly strawberry, blueberry, etc.