Valued Contributor

Re: Has anyone read the Plant Paradox?

[ Edited ]

thanks ifeelwicked. I felt a little backed into a cornor feeling that I needed   to defend myself for asking about this book. My question was out of curiosity and wondering if anyne had tried this way of eating. My hubby has some medical issues and I wondered if it could help him. I know there are many food plans out there and some work for some and not others. Not sure what this forum is all about and if this wasn't where I should have asked about the book.

Honored Contributor

@Nadine

I haven't read all the posts here, but! A comment like "off all meds"?  That alone would be reason enough for me to consider it another fantasy way of eating by yet another expert(?)

Realizing there are many "out there" that poo poo meds, I also realize many of them probably do not need them to stay healthy/physically fit, and much more important, alive!

For me personally, my searches for what is best for me changed over my many decades of life. During each time period of my very active lifestyle, I have been able to find what foods allow my body to function close to it's maximum, not by adhering to any 1 expert(?) philosophy, but my own.

Genetics play a bigger role in a persons health than many care to recognize, and I won't get into that in this post's topic. I am on several meds, that for me to once again live my very active lifestyle, at the advanced age of 79, tells me once again, what I am doing is the best for me, but not one I would ever suggest to others.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

I say we SUPPORT each other on our journeys to get healthier, no matter what plan we follow. No judging, or questioning “WHY”, no picking apart other posters, and  most of all, NO BASHING one plan/Dr. over another!! I’d love to here everyone’s success stories and how they accomplished their goal, whatever that may be. Far more positive and productive. Have a wonderful weekend everybody🌷🌸🌷

@Ifeelwicked

I agree. I have said on this forum, for many years, that 1 size does not fit all! For the most part, I have also said what has worked for me. What worked for me changed based during different circumstances of my life. I fortunately have been able to find what works best for my body, and mind, by continually using trial and error to find those answers, but for myself exclusively, not anyone else.

You have a great weekend also,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

I say we SUPPORT each other on our journeys to get healthier, no matter what plan we follow. No judging, or questioning “WHY”, no picking apart other posters, and  most of all, NO BASHING one plan/Dr. over another!! I’d love to here everyone’s success stories and how they accomplished their goal, whatever that may be. Far more positive and productive. Have a wonderful weekend everybody🌷🌸🌷

@Ifeelwicked

I agree. I have said on this forum, for many years, that 1 size does not fit all! For the most part, I have also said what has worked for me. What worked for me changed based during different circumstances of my life. I fortunately have been able to find what works best for my body, and mind, by continually using trial and error to find those answers, but for myself exclusively, not anyone else.

You have a great weekend also,

hckynut(john)

YOU GET IT!!! 🎉 I finally did, too!!  And it took me a LONG

time to realize it was ok to allow myself a cheat day or two. 

(Dinner at Krispy Kreme, anyone?😂) Also, no matter what plan 

I follow, Coffee-mate is a non-negotiable! (There is no such

thing, in my world, as coffee without it☕️)  A couple simple 

allowances made all the difference (for me.)

We’re all in this together, just different paths. Continued 

success❣️

Valued Contributor

@Nadine wrote:

thanks ifeelwicked. I felt a little backed into a cornor feeling that I needed   to defend myself for asking about this book. My question was out of curiosity and wondering if anyne had tried this way of eating. My hubby has some medical issues and I wondered if it could help him. I know there are many food plans out there and some work for some and not others. Not sure what this forum is all about and if this wasn't where I should have asked about the book.

My pleasure! I will tell you, me personally, I cannot wait to read his book and I also 

bought his cookbook. I buy a lot of new books in this category bc it has been a huge 

part of my own story since I was 7. Anyway, I have watched several 

interviews with Dr. Gundry and I am quite  impressed! GO FOR IT, I say! You 

sound like a very caring wife. I wish you and your hubby good luck! And never forget 

back in the day when Dr. Atkins was considered a nut and panned by nearly 

everyone in the medical community? My how times have changed. And thank 

goodness❣️ 

Valued Contributor

MY big thing is sugar, if I stay away from it most of the time I do ok. I really don't want my main purpose in life to be  deciding what to eat. Coffee is a mainstay, won't ever give it up.A glass of wine here and there is good.Krispy cream? oh yeah! lol

Honored Contributor

Psssst:

Everyone in the medical community still considers

Dr. Atkins’ work as ‘questionable’ or your word, ‘nut’.

Especially what we know now.

Any doctor prescribing a low-carbohydrate nutritional plan

definitely doesn’t have the patient’s best interest in mind.

Honored Contributor

@Nadine@sidsmom@Ifeelwicked@hckynut@GingerPeach

I was eating salmon for lunch every day. Other than a baked potato for dinner, my IBS would not allow me to digest anything. 

Except I have been able to eat avocado some days instead of salmon.

My GI doctor did my every-two-year colonoscopy, and low and behold, my tail-bone pain is gone. (another story)

Our DD and DSIL have been sticking with keto diets [my opinion is left out]

GI doctor said I need to eat more fiber. So I purchased a HUGE stalk and I’m snacking on it all day whenever I think about it.

GI sent home literature:

eat green leafies (salad) 6/week

Eat nuts (almonds) 5/da

Eat 6/da servings fruits/veggies

Chicken/fish 3x/wk

wine 1 glass/day

and then a chart detailing the amount of fiber in each type of food...kidney beans had highest.

i have been having trouble with gluten and have been avoiding it mostly for 3 years. Allergy test was negative.

The avocados did not make me fat or feel bloated.

They were easy to digest.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Nadine@sidsmom@Ifeelwicked@hckynut@GingerPeach

Part of what I remembered is called the MENTAL diet:

8214000E-0F27-45F7-8AF6-949E5B6CF696.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~