Honored Contributor

Re: Coconut for healing... update

@LTT1

Yeah, live here in DFW...it goes liquid pretty quickly!

I saw where you 'hearted' my post about NOT injecting oils.  I seriously can't wrap my head around why any person would do that!  It's a processed food!  Ick.  If you want the 'miracle' benefits, eat the coconut so you receive the fiber/vitamins/minerals.  Liquid is so calorie-dense, it's mind numbing...just pure fat.  

We all know there are no 'miracle' foods...just fads.  All this oil coating the arteries...no wonder heart disease/diabetes is on the rise. 

On the upbeat, as for other uses, I make my own homemade deodorant. Coconut oil, baking soda, cornstarch, tea tree oil.  4 yrs & counting.  I also use it on my feet/knees when I sunbathe 30min 2-3 times a week.  I also use it for massage.

Good stuff...but never eating...only outside! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Whatever happened to calcification build-up on the artery walls?  (It's what we learned many years ago, but who knows what's changed).  Anyway, seems to me that the slippery-ness of some oils could possibly keep the arteries flexible (and not hardened).  Also, wouldn't some oils prevent anything from attaching and hardening the arteries by providing a slippery surface within the interior lining of those walls?  Just asking.  All I know is that when some gadget/lid/whatever is 'stuck', I use oil to free it (up). 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

I'm still putting a teaspoon in my coffee each morning. I focus better the days I do.  I think the bullet proof coffee theory may have some merit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------Yes, I, too, add a Tsp of coconut oil to my coffee and hot chocolate.  (Also, I'm the one who adds a dollop of peanut butter to my coffee/hot chocolate!  Works for me! Heart )   ....(For some reason, peanut butter gives me tons of energy.  I spread it on toast every morning. But, that's off topic, I know.)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Well, about the oils thing.  I have been experimenting.  Don't want to give TMI here, but it is obvious to me (being in M) that my insides are dry.  And no amount of water makes a difference.

Added 1 tsp of coconut oil to my oatmeal this am.

My teeth are actually feeling "porous" these days, and I am thinking that a small amount of coconut oil might do the trick in helping them.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom

Yep Texas! 

Howdy!

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Whatever happened to calcification build-up on the artery walls?  (It's what we learned many years ago, but who knows what's changed).  Anyway, seems to me that the slippery-ness of some oils could possibly keep the arteries flexible (and not hardened).  Also, wouldn't some oils prevent anything from attaching and hardening the arteries by providing a slippery surface within the interior lining of those walls?  

Oh my goodness!  Sorry...it doesn't work that way.  Smiley Sad

Constipation?  Fiber is what moves the bowels in an efficient, and safe, manner.  Eat a huge bowl of beans, rice and maybe some collard greens tonight.  Report back to me tomorrow morning...! Smiley Happy

Arterial Flexibility:  I LOVE how you're thinking...you're way ahead of the majority of the population out there!  Kudos.   To have flexible arteries, you must have healthy Endothelium.  To have health Endothelium, you must have nitric oxide present.  That would include eating lots of leafy greens & vegetables, grains & legumes.

Coconut oil is full of saturated fat...and it increases the blood thickness which increases abnormal clot formation.   It also creates an environment your Endothelium doesn't like.   It just slooooows everything down.  Most of us have some percentage of plaque in our arterial system...and if one is eating oils on a daily basis, we're weakening the Endothelial wall & just dodging a bullet.

Many of these trendy 'super foods' can find good studies to skew the message for support.  Oils are so caloric dense & virtually without taste, it's such a waste of nutrition/calories.  If you want coconut oil, eat a coconut. Obtain the good stuff...fiber, vitamins, minerals, as well as the fat content.

Who needs a fancy university/doctor study.  Just look to Mother Nature & her design.   She made the coconut in a hard shell....a VERY hard shell.  She designed it to be eaten very infrequently...and not reduced to a daily amount of liquid in your smoothies/coffee, yes?!   It just makes 'Mother Nature Sense'!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Processed coconut oil (hydrogenated) is very bad.

Avacado/fish oil/olive oil/ Omega 3/ are a few types of oil that we need in our diets... In small amounts.

This is my understanding.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1

You are so ahead of the curve!

The olive oil is just like coconut or any processed oil...donkeypunches the Endothelium...not recommended.

Fish oil is questionable due to the mercury & other Sea Ickys..!

Avocado...love!  You're right...easy to overdo, but very good!

Omega 3s....flaxseed & chia seeds are a great way to meet your O3 requirements.

Have you ever logged in your food with an online tracker?  Really gives you a 'in-your-face' account of where you are/should be on a daily basis.  

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom

An on-line tracker sounds good!

Is there one you can recommend? TIA

Update: using coconut oil on the face last nightfor a few minutes didn't cause mine to break out.

I have discovered that the oil absorbs quickly into nails and lips... It is probably healthy but lacks staying power. 

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1, if there is one thing I have learned in this life, it is that whenever a paradigm is about to shift, there will be as many opinions about the shift as there are people. I think we're there now with the health care model, some are jumping in and others are holding on to the old for dear life. 

Admittedly, I tend to be one of the jumpers, but I jump responsibly. I read and decide for myself. I have blood tests to track my progress. I listen to my body. Something a renowned or esteemed cardiologist or neurologist tells me will have more credibility than what I read on a board. Double-blind, controlled studies are more meaningful than anecdotal reports. In the end, it is a personal choice to change, and I have rarely regretted one of the changes I have made toward a more healthful lifestyle. Listen to your gut, it's your second brain. 

(And Moos to Yous this glorious Tuesday morning, with blessings!)

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop