Honored Contributor

Re: Cigarette Odor

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 

Will go with my usual. It's your property and you are in control. Anyone on my property, inside or outside, doing anything I dislike? For me they have no choice, "cease while on my property or I will consider you as trespassing". 

This person(s) has no option. Should they choose to ignore me, will have them forcibly removed. Too many try to talk around what they really want to say, why?  That is the way I have handled this smoking issue going back to the late 1960's, when I quit smoking.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Smoking is only permitted in a small section of our lake, yet there are those who love the stand at the gate which is not in the smoking area so the can "watch their kidos". I mentioned it  to the gate guard and she is powerless

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

If he does indeed leave butts in the yard, nothing wrong with asking him to pick them up.  Smokers have rights too.  He's going outside to smoke.  He's addicted to cigarettes and has no choice if he's expected to perform normally.  Suggest you read a book in another part of the house and try to stay away from him.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Smokers have very few rights,especially in someone elses home.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Esteemed Contributor

We also can specify exactly what we need in contract for work.  Make your requirements up front.

My oncology stuff kept me isolated last month when the furnace was serviced, and all I to do was ask how to do that.

Respected Contributor

I feel the same way about alcohol and people who drink.

Honored Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

I feel the same way about alcohol and people who drink.

Sorry @KatieB , I don't get your comparison between smoking and alcohol. Please explain  to me how someone sitting next to me drinking a beer, effects me the same as someone next to me smoking a cigarette.

I don't smoke and haven't drank an alcoholic beverage for over 25 years. Smoke definitely effects my respiratory system. Someone having an alcoholic beverage does not effect me in any way that I feel is detrimental to my health. 

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I agree w/John about someone sitting next to me drinking a beer,etc. AND I haven't even used the asthma card.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Smokers have very few rights,especially in someone elses home.

He wasn't IN her home.

Respected Contributor

Just curious......Did you require the workers to wear a mask in your home?

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown