Respected Contributor

Menopause Support Group Recommendations

Can anyone recommend a Meno support group online that is pretty active?  I am/have been struggling really terribly with my symptoms plus thyroid disease too.  While I am working with my Endo and Gyn I need to connect with other women on a support group.  I don't belong to Facebook but if there is one that's there I would join just to connect with other women.

I am going thur some other tests these last months with really awful symptoms....my endo appt is Aug 4th but I call her office with my symptoms or issues right away and she does respond.  Thank goodness for that.  

Any suggestions for me??

Thank you....and yes I have googled and read at Inspire Red Hot Mama's forum some....not super active there though.  Just really wish I had a friend that had or went thur something similar to my issues.  

Need that connection...on a regular basis somehow with the world as it is.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Menopause Support Group Recommendations

Please google menopause chit chat

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry you're struggling and I can understand the need to connect with others experiencing the same issue/s. My suggestion, though, is to remedy the situation. Hyland's Menopause is not expensive and worth considering.

Natural Relief for Menopause Symtoms

Formerly Hyland's #13, Hyland's Menopause is a traditional homeopathic formula for the relief of symptoms of hot flashes, moodiness and irritability from the onset of menopause. Working without contraindications or side effects, Hyland's Menopause stimulates your body's natural healing response to relieve symptoms. Hyland's Menopause can be used in conjunction with other medications.

Directions - Adults: Dissolve 2-3 tablets under tongue every 4 hours or as needed.
Trusted Contributor

Good luck to you.  Menopause can be a real challenge, even without any other issues.  Not all women are the same!

Trusted Contributor

Menopause Support Group has 72k+ members. The board is quite active, though there are very few helpful, medical posts. But, supportive I guess. https://www.facebook.com/groups/439232282854798/

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor

Thank you ladies for the help....I will check out both of the support groups.  Not sure about trying a OTC product yet....will ask my doctors...but I am working with the gyn on finding some HRT that I can handle taking.  Tried several things and seemed to be a issue as is my thyroid medication which has turned into a nightmare for me.  Then you add in all the symptoms and hot flashes/cold flashing/chills and on and on my list goes...it's been hard to find something to help. 

I feel very alone and am struggling. 

Trusted Contributor

Check out Menopause Taylor on Youtube. She gives her viewers an education about menopause. Very informative.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Trusted Contributor

I got through menopause without HRT. I have a book called "The Natural remedy Book for Women" by Diane Stein. I used the vitamin therapy recommended in the book and it was great. Also, be careful what you eat. If you have any kind of meat it will give you hot flashes because of the animal estrogen. There are other food items that give you hot flashes as well, such as chocolate. I read that women in Japan do not have all the side effects of menopause that we have because of their diets (rich in vegetables). Hope this helps.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tsavorite wrote:

Thank you ladies for the help....I will check out both of the support groups.  Not sure about trying a OTC product yet....will ask my doctors...but I am working with the gyn on finding some HRT that I can handle taking.  Tried several things and seemed to be a issue as is my thyroid medication which has turned into a nightmare for me.  Then you add in all the symptoms and hot flashes/cold flashing/chills and on and on my list goes...it's been hard to find something to help. 

I feel very alone and am struggling. 

I'm trying to help you feel empowered, which to me, makes a huge difference when struggling. Please look this product up on walmart.com (or other/s) and read the reviews (hint- it gets 4+stars). You have nothing to lose and dismissing this inexpensive option while waiting for an appt/more tests is like not taking an aspirin for a headache because you've already scheduled a visit to the doctor. Hope things improve for you soon.