Esteemed Contributor

My hospital giving away free N95 masks

Went to local hospital for readout on MRI; they based us two free N95 masks ( even though we went in wearing masks).  The masks were donated by Home Depot.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My hospital giving away free N95 masks

Well darn, I have been a faithful friend to oncology these last many weeks, and nada, no mask, no food, nothing.  Think I need a refund.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought there was a shortage of those masks.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@Still Raining 

Been to our oncology/hematology 4 times since the virus. They do give us masks, but not N95. No longer have free coffee machine or fruit basket, just 8oz bottles of H2o.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

• @patbz, that's great. You can save them for future use since it looks like we'll need them for who knows how long. It's good to have extras for yourself or share with friends or family or whomever. Home Depot has done a lot to help during this dreadful situation.
Honored Contributor

@patbz Wonderful!Smiley Happy

I wish the other hospitals and doctor offices would!

Honored Contributor

If you get or are given an N95 mask, make sure it's an unvented one. Many have vents that allow you to exhale without effort as your exhalation is unfiltered. Since masks are supposed to be used to protect others, wearing a vented N95 mask is essentially the same as wearing no mask since your exhalation is unfiltered. The vented masks look impressive and offer some protection for the wearer from inhaling virus particles, but they offer very limited, to no protection for others from exhaled particles. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

N-95 is for contaminated environments. Your exhale is not filtered.