Honored Contributor

I know he was not in her home,but if he was smoking on her property ?

Respected Contributor

Re: Cigarette Odor

[ Edited ]

I would not like this either! I cant stand the smell of smoke and Im allergic to it.    Not right you have to pick up the nasty butts in the drive.  I would be afraid to even say a word to anyone about this  or about anything, because you dont know how they will react!  Maybe I have seen too much news and tv shows that show that people flip out over anything. Or the come back later to do something to your car etc!

Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

I feel the same way about alcohol and people who drink.

Sorry @KatieB , I don't get your comparison between smoking and alcohol. Please explain  to me how someone sitting next to me drinking a beer, effects me the same as someone next to me smoking a cigarette.

I don't smoke and haven't drank an alcoholic beverage for over 25 years. Smoke definitely effects my respiratory system. Someone having an alcoholic beverage does not effect me in any way that I feel is detrimental to my health. 

hckynut(john)

Smoking does not cause car accidents and kill people.. 

Smoking does not destroy families.

@hckynut 

Honored Contributor

@KatieB 

Thanks for your reply. That for me is a whole different topic, which I have spoke to/about on these forums for years. I agree 100%  with what you said, I just think that it is a little off topic of someone smoking on yours or my property.

Have a good weekend,

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Smoking does not kill people? 

Respected Contributor

Re: Cigarette Odor

[ Edited ]

ok, i will make a statement on the REAL issue here.

you own property and have the total right to dictate what can and cannot be done on it.  assuming all laws are followed.

going off on the residules of the specific act is not relevant.  does not need to be defended or debated.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Smoking does not kill people? 

@Group 5 minus 1 

To me that is a different topic than "smoking odor". I will wait till I see another thread title addressing that specific topic.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Yes, it is a different issue,but some spoke about the diff between smoking odor,drinking,etc.

Trusted Contributor

Hopefully, this worker only had to be at your residence for one day, and the crew will clean up after themselves when they leave, including the ciggie butts.

However, if this crew is to return to perform more work, I'd contact the project supervisor and let her/him know of your concerns and hopefully something can be worked out so you don't have to smell smoke.  Maybe this worker doesn't change into clean clothes each day for work and that is why the smoke smell is so strong....

But I would definately tell the project supervisor that you expect the crew to clean up after themselves, including the butts.

If you have a portable room fan, perhaps you could aim it into the room where this person is working and it will blow the smell out.

I hate smoke - it gives me migraines, too.

Good luck!