WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My hair is fried! I need help from the WEN girls!

@HSB1204 wrote:

I would recommend the Fig cleansing conditioner. I realize that one isn't rice based but it's what Chaz usually recommends for dry, damaged hair. I got bleached highlights a couple of times myself and it definitely damaged my hair so I'm done with that. My hair loves Fig so that's my go-to cleansing conditioner.

In addition to this advice, I would highly recommend 613.

613 can strengthen your fried hair and Fig can prevent the brittle effects of the 613 that bebe mentioned.  QVC has a 613/Fig kit.

I don't dye my hair, but it was fried from relaxers.  The 613/Fig combo made it healthy (in addition to getting rid of the relaxers).

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

I started with Fig because my hair was burned in many places due to drying my hair every day and not putting the nozzle on the end of my blowdryer and using home hair color (L'oreal Excellence) Smiley Sad

I had medium length hair at the time and had been using the original Ojon line and then moved to Kiehl's Fruit Olive line.  

Fig got my hair corrected for the first time in years.

re 613

I never use this alone.  I always mix it with something else in my second cleanse or mix it for my overnight leave in.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Frequent Contributor

At this moment I'm sitting here with a pre treatment of BGT on my hair waiting for an hour, then I'm going to wash tonight with BGT and 613. I usually blow dry but I'm going to air dry tonight. I get up EARLY for work so I can never air dry in the AM. I'm taking all of your wonderful suggestions to heart and am going to try some of them to see what works. I preordered POM - I really want to try the oils and it's the only classic I haven't tried. I'm not fond of the classics and had given up on WEN until I came across the kids, then discovered BGT, and then the seasonals. Now I'm in love. I can't wait for the next season to start so I can pick a new seasonal. LOL. I'll probably always keep a stash of BGT, but I haven't ever used MIF and some of you swear by it. I may have to try it also.  You guys have been great and this board is the bomb. I'm becoming more WEN educated by the second. I'm going to have to be patient but I can see that bouncy, shiny, hair in my future. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@melindaot wrote:

At this moment I'm sitting here with a pre treatment of BGT on my hair waiting for an hour, then I'm going to wash tonight with BGT and 613. I usually blow dry but I'm going to air dry tonight. I get up EARLY for work so I can never air dry in the AM. I'm taking all of your wonderful suggestions to heart and am going to try some of them to see what works. I preordered POM - I really want to try the oils and it's the only classic I haven't tried. I'm not fond of the classics and had given up on WEN until I came across the kids, then discovered BGT, and then the seasonals. Now I'm in love. I can't wait for the next season to start so I can pick a new seasonal. LOL. I'll probably always keep a stash of BGT, but I haven't ever used MIF and some of you swear by it. I may have to try it also.  You guys have been great and this board is the bomb. I'm becoming more WEN educated by the second. I'm going to have to be patient but I can see that bouncy, shiny, hair in my future. 

@GoochiePooDoo I'm so glad to hear from you. You sound like you're figuring out your game plan and today is a new and calmer day!!! I'm glad for you!! Smiley Happy

I agree with you about this board. Wenners are great!!! I find it a wenderful and supportive place to hang out for a while and get the best info about Wen. 

@sonechko@Drythe and I are over the moon about Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF). I though that Bamboo Green Tea (BGT) was the best... until I started using MIF. I think that if you like BGT then you'll really like MIF. 

btw, there's a BGT & MIF CC duo available for a good price. I've added it to the bottom of this post.

Have a great evening!!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

___ 

Best Seller
QVC Price: $49.00   Featured Price: $44.46

___

Trusted Contributor

Melindaot, this is the very best available ( besides apHogee)  There is no reason you can't add it to your routine. 

Aloxxi polymedic-emergency reconstructor is unsurpassed in repairing and strengthening hopelessly damaged hair. Emergence is unmatched to stop hair breakage. This exceptional formulation contains a renewing blend of polymers, elastins, amino acids and collagen, creating an internal framework within the hair shaft to restore integrity. Use once every two weeks to structurally reinforce hair that has been chemically damaged or abused by thermal styling appliances. Each treatment will dramatically improve hair's health, condition and shine. Nexxus aloxxi polymedic-emergency reconstructor helps hopelessly damaged hair, chronic breakage, degraded cuticle, chemically abused, disintegrated structure, excessively dry and brittle hair.

hope this helps. 

Regular Contributor

This (fried hair from bleach) is exactly when I would use the Remoist.  Remoist!

Trusted Contributor

I'm so sorry about your hair! That must be so frustrating! You've gotten some great Wen suggestions here. I've found the MIF to be extremely moisturizing, and although I am not in your circumstance it may help, especially with the priming bebe suggested. Something inexpensive and possibly helpful might also be coconut oil. It isn't restorative like a product designed to help damaged hair, but it is very moisturizing and can be used in conjunction with everything else. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

I'd do a coconut oil treatment for a few hours. Just put it on your hair so it's coated but not dripping. Then wait a few hours and wash it out with Wen. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

If you haven't been using much protein, I'd do 613 and remoist treatments. If you aren't already using Fig, consider purchasing a bottle and using that for a month. I'd do 613 overnight and then use 613 for the first week. After that, I'd use Fig for my washing and do a Remoist treatment weekly.

Esteemed Contributor

I have had good luck with using a drop or two of Josie's argon oil on the dry sections of my hair.  I just rub it between my hands and thru the sections of my hair that are damages. I color my dark hair often and a few times a year I get  a few sections that just fry. I'll use the remoist from Chaz as well but I have better results with the argon oil. I have fine hair so that may or may not make a difference.  I also let my hair air dry as much as I can for a week or two before I start using the flat iron, etc. Hope this helps you.