Frequent Contributor

Re: Eve Pearl Chat - The Flawless Face Collection

Frequent Contributor

@Eve_Pearl  THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!  You made my day (awww heck, who am i kidding?  You just made my MONTH.  Smiley Happy  I appreciate the shot out!!  In all honesty, I have just about every foundation sold on QVC (and department stores) and i was beside myself when I found out about your TSV.  Not that those foundations are horrible, but i knew from the first time I saw Eve Pearl demonstrate her foundation, that that is exactly what I have been searching for. The positive reviews are overwhelming and I waited too long last time until everything was sold out.  I was not about to make that mistake this time!  Eve wearing the light color during the day, and the medium shade in the evening is genuis and makes perfect sense to me! Eve Pearl is in a league of her own when it comes to makeup.  One of the Youtubers I follow is Wayne Goss.  He is a makeup artist, with his own line of goodies.  In one of his vlogs, he told professional makeup artists that they couldn't be without Eve Pearl products!!!!  If a makeup artist makes such a statement, you know this is the real deal.  The color payoff is so amazing, and the products are so blendable.  My next purchase is going to be the eyeshadows!!!  Hope the Eve Pearl team gets some well deserved rest.  If I'm ever in New York (I live in Las Vegas), one of my first stops will be the Eve Pearl store.  Thank you for your artistry and such an amazing TSV.  I am one happy gal.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hello, Eve_Pearl and welcome. Smiley Happy

Hope you enjoy posting here.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Trusted Contributor

@MFTAnnie I missed the shout out - what did she say?  

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks @CalMom for posting what I'm sure many smart shoppers were also thinking. I also decided not to buy or post since others had already posted most of my questions and they went unanswered. 

I decided NOT to purchase because NO FAIR MODELS WERE SHOWN. (Nor Deep Models). I make Nicole Kidman look tan and Eve not only didn't do arm swatches, she didn't explain UNDERTONES. I'm neutral but almost every supposedly "Fair" foundation offered on the Q is either too dark or way too yellow/orange even tho most brands have a wider range than the Q sells. Only LG 'Porcelain' is a true "alabaster/porcelain" and at 40, I've tried most all brands on Q. 

I had to do a bunch of Internet research on sites in different countries to get answers to the questions asked in this 'chat' and wasn't too happy with what I discovered, including reviews, ingredients and countries of orihin.

@Eve_Pearl  Resting on your laurels isn't going to automatically sell your products. Many of us have very valid questions and can't just "trust the system and go with it". We need specifics whether it be ingredients, country of origin, shade/undertone elaboration, etc, whether it be for health or principles or both. I think this was the first super-hyped cosmetic TSV that still had 3 of the shades available at midnight PST that I've seen in the 6yrs that I've been watching. 

As a form of insurance against Q shipping/returns, I'll wait for the reviews to come in and get answers from the actual everyday consumers, not celebs, and if it turns out that the Fair is truly neutral porcelain and the rating is a 4.5 or higher I'd pay the regular Q price unless you decide to discontinue the set as you reminded us during every airing that we'll "never see a price this low again". 

Respected Contributor

@gsxrbabe  Thank you and I obviously agree with you.

One thing though, there were 6 shades in the TSV and guess what...all 6 shades are still available 24 hours after the TSV was over.  Why the hosts say certain shades are sold out is probably a tactic to entice women to purchase the product.  Often, when hosts say products are sold out, the product is still available on the website. There were one or two shades listed as sold out. Either a computer glitch or x amount of women cancelled. 

• FairFair

• LightLight

• MediumMedium

• TanTan

• DarkDark

• DeepDeep
  •  
Frequent Contributor

@gsxrbabe wrote:

Thanks @CalMom for posting what I'm sure many smart shoppers were also thinking. I also decided not to buy or post since others had already posted most of my questions and they went unanswered. 

I decided NOT to purchase because NO FAIR MODELS WERE SHOWN. (Nor Deep Models). I make Nicole Kidman look tan and Eve not only didn't do arm swatches, she didn't explain UNDERTONES. I'm neutral but almost every supposedly "Fair" foundation offered on the Q is either too dark or way too yellow/orange even tho most brands have a wider range than the Q sells. Only LG 'Porcelain' is a true "alabaster/porcelain" and at 40, I've tried most all brands on Q. 

I had to do a bunch of Internet research on sites in different countries to get answers to the questions asked in this 'chat' and wasn't too happy with what I discovered, including reviews, ingredients and countries of orihin.

@Eve_Pearl  Resting on your laurels isn't going to automatically sell your products. Many of us have very valid questions and can't just "trust the system and go with it". We need specifics whether it be ingredients, country of origin, shade/undertone elaboration, etc, whether it be for health or principles or both. I think this was the first super-hyped cosmetic TSV that still had 3 of the shades available at midnight PST that I've seen in the 6yrs that I've been watching. 

As a form of insurance against Q shipping/returns, I'll wait for the reviews to come in and get answers from the actual everyday consumers, not celebs, and if it turns out that the Fair is truly neutral porcelain and the rating is a 4.5 or higher I'd pay the regular Q price unless you decide to discontinue the set as you reminded us during every airing that we'll "never see a price this low again". 

Add add me to the list of those who decided not to purchase due to the reasons posted by both you and DogLvr. Eve seems like a very pleasant woman, but whomever was responding to the posts here on this chat seemed alternately sickeningly sweet and very condescending.  I was surprised at the lack of solid answers to so many of the questions that were posted, and dismayed that many of the replies were of the generic cut-and-paste variety rather than being personalized to the poster. I might have understood it if this chat had been exceptionally busy, but that was not the case.

And really, Eve was live on QVC, so it would have been much appreciated if she would have considered the many suggestions posted asking her to demo the products on her hand or on a model's hand, and to be more clear about the undertones of the foundation colors.

Overall, I was very disappointed in the way this TSV was presented, and especially in the way the supposedly live chat was handled -- people were waiting for hours to have their questions answered, and that's not the way a live chat is supposed to work!

I had planned to purchase this TSV but I ended up passing on it due to the lack of information about the foundation shades. I also didn't appreciate the dodgy response to the questions about where the products were manufactured. 

Oh well. I guess I saved myself some money. Hopefully there will be another makeup TSV soon that I will be able to purchase, now that I passed on this one.

Frequent Contributor

@CalMom wrote:

@gsxrbabe  Thank you and I obviously agree with you.

One thing though, there were 6 shades in the TSV and guess what...all 6 shades are still available 24 hours after the TSV was over.  Why the hosts say certain shades are sold out is probably a tactic to entice women to purchase the product.  Often, when hosts say products are sold out, the product is still available on the website. There were one or two shades listed as sold out. Either a computer glitch or x amount of women cancelled. 

• FairFair

• LightLight

• MediumMedium

• TanTan

• DarkDark

• DeepDeep
  •  

I noticed the newfound availability of all of the shades as well. All I can assume is that many people ended up canceling their orders. 

I had such high hopes for the Eve Pearl TSV, but all things considered, I'm glad I didn't order. I hope those who ordered will be very pleased with their purchases and will post reviews for the rest of us!

New Contributor

Your loss.  Eve Pearl products are incredible!!!  They blend easily, and generally, except for the Fair or very dark shades, can be used by most.  Most people fail to understand extra pigmented products and how little one needs to use.  So many other brands on the market are hardly noticeable, are thick, and make you look like you have makeup on.  Her products do not have an SPF in them; in fact, most foundations with an SPF in them are not effective.  Her eyeshadows are highly pigmented and you need very little (although I would still recommend using a shadow base).  Her lipsticks are very moisturizing and stay on fairly long.  Her eyeliners have brushes, not felt tips making application very easy.  And yes, they stay on ALL DAY!!!.  I know everyone has their own opinions regarding makeup, but I have used her products after doing alot of research and in listening to makeup artists speak so highly of her and her products.  Makeup artists use every product available to them to create incredible finishes. Many have her salmon concealer in their kits. You should have tried the foundation.  I do agree, that showing examples of the various colors and not just pictures of the colors would have aided viewers in selecting a color for themselves. They blend so well; water to brush or sponge makes the foundation thinner or adding more builds areas needing extra coverage.  Perhaps you'll try Eve's products at a latter time--but you missed an awsome TSV.

Respected Contributor

@phylbilly wrote:

Your loss.  Eve Pearl products are incredible!!!  They blend easily, and generally, except for the Fair or very dark shades, can be used by most.  Most people fail to understand extra pigmented products and how little one needs to use.  So many other brands on the market are hardly noticeable, are thick, and make you look like you have makeup on.  Her products do not have an SPF in them; in fact, most foundations with an SPF in them are not effective.  Her eyeshadows are highly pigmented and you need very little (although I would still recommend using a shadow base).  Her lipsticks are very moisturizing and stay on fairly long.  Her eyeliners have brushes, not felt tips making application very easy.  And yes, they stay on ALL DAY!!!.  I know everyone has their own opinions regarding makeup, but I have used her products after doing alot of research and in listening to makeup artists speak so highly of her and her products.  Makeup artists use every product available to them to create incredible finishes. Many have her salmon concealer in their kits. You should have tried the foundation.  I do agree, that showing examples of the various colors and not just pictures of the colors would have aided viewers in selecting a color for themselves. They blend so well; water to brush or sponge makes the foundation thinner or adding more builds areas needing extra coverage.  Perhaps you'll try Eve's products at a latter time--but you missed an awsome TSV.

Yes, it did seem like an awsome TSV and lots of people were very interested in this TSV. But, there was a lot of information missing and many people felt this way.  This is not the first time QVC sold make up on air. Nor was it the hosts' first time either. The lact of responses from the chat and QVC customer service (information is not available to each question when answered), the amount of questions the viewers had on this forum and on the product page should give an indication as to what the problem was.

I am sure that if anyone calls QVC customer service and still wants to get in on this TSV, you can say that you didn't get your questions answered in time to purchase this TSV on Friday and would they give you the TSV pricing...2 and possibly 3 days later. Otherwise, ask for a customer service supervisor.

Just to update: All shades are still available.