Honored Contributor

PAUL NEWMAN FANS WEDNESDAY NOON EASTERN TCM

TheYoungPhiladelphians1959_26570_610x329_01262016113417.jpg

Noon Eastern--  "The Young Philadelphians"    Paul Newman, Barbara Rush, Brian Keith, Alexis Smith, Robert Vaughn, Diane Brewster, John Williams, Billie Burke, Otto Kruger, Adam West

This was on relatively recently, but I'm sometimes surprised by how many haven't seen it.  It's a satisfying soaper about a worthy young lawyer breaking into the upper reaches of society, and conquering lovely Barbara Rush's heart, among others.  Great cast;  romance and drama (courtroom variety);  handsome production values;  not to be missed!

ac-yp-b-1-650x486.jpg

Valued Contributor

Re: PAUL NEWMAN FANS WEDNESDAY NOON EASTERN TCM

He was pure YUM!! That was a good movie! He was my first man crush along with Robert Redford when I was about 12/13 years old. 

Honored Contributor

And I think they (Newman and Redford) share certain appealing characteristics, @Styleovertrend !

Valued Contributor

@Oznell for anyone that is breathing!!! They were my favorite duo in the 70's and still watch Butch Cassidy and The Sting whenever they are on and revel in their beauty!

Valued Contributor

I met Paul Newman back in the 1990's at an IndyCar event. I was shocked at how small he was, and that his skin was snow white. I guess they made him up heavily to hide this. Sorry to say he wasn't very friendly and was dismissive toward the people around him, and completely ignored the fans who were trying to get his attention. I, too, had a crush on him back in the day, but meeting him kind of squelched that.

Honored Contributor

Oh, I'm sorry that you had that experience, @furbabylover -- it's so disappointing to like someone and then meet them, and they're not exactly up to their billing!

Honored Contributor

An OK Newman movie.  Vaughn is the best here, IMO, and I believe got an Oscar nomination.  Favorite PN movie is Hud.

It is amazing how much smaller people look in person than on the "big screen"!!  I've read that Newman did not take his fans seriously.  I think he was a very down to earth type of person.

Respected Contributor

Yes .. I understand he was quite the curmudgeon.....

But he still looks good on screen !!!

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 Hud and The Hustler, Nobody's Fool-- my favs

Honored Contributor

When I left Spectrum for Verizon Fios, I lost TCM. I do miss the channel.