Trusted Contributor

Re: Was just curious why Qvc never equated fast shipping as part and parcel

@KYToby wrote:

They have different business models, and QVC's market research shows that faster shipping is not the priority of its shoppers.

Speaking osf Amazon, unless you have Prime, shipping is not much faster than QVC's.  Would you be willing to pay $100 a year in order to get faster shipping?  Would you be willing to pay this amount plu pay for ionimum orders of some items before you can actually buy these items (Amazon has itmes like this)?

If you do not like QVC's shipping policies, feel free to shop elsewhere.  What is in place seems to work for QVC.  If it does not work for you, move along.

WOW. Where to begin. ...OP (truffle) was asking QVC EXECS a question. Are you employed by/a spokesperson for QVC?

Who are you to tell the OP to "move along"?

"I contend that we are both atheists . I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."  Stephen Henry Roberts

Valued Contributor

Shipping to my area has always been much faster for HSN......I received a make up item from QVC today.....I ordered it 15 days ago.....no advance order on it.....I will keep thins in mind from now on

Valued Contributor

I remember many years ago QVC prided themselves for their efficient warehouses and shipping which were buzzing 24 hrs. a day. Over time they closed warehouses and reduced warehouse working hours.  QVC is very slow to ship and on top of that employs the slowest shipping method possible.

My experience is Q packages the order 4-5 days after order. Then the package takes 3 days to get to the shipping facility. Package travels across the country via the very efficient UPS, then goes to postal service from which the package takes 2-3days to be delivered, or whenever the letter carrier is in the mood to deliver.  

USPS has terrible service and should be shut down because of decades of extreme incompetence.  Actually, yesterday I had a new (to my house) letter carrier who came back to my house 3 times (really!) because he kept finding things for me in his truck. I was pleased that he actually made so much effort. The regular guy marks into their system that the business was closed and they couldn't make the delivery...I live in a house in a residential neighborhood and nearly every day greet the mail truck in person (my dog hears the truck coming and likes being a greeter.)

I used to pay the extra fee to QVC to get their priority shipping, but since they raised their fees last year, it's just too expensive. I would definitely pay QVC $100 a year to get fast shipping/delivery.

Occasional Contributor

I am curious too.  I seem to get my orders from HSN much faster than QVC.  Also for some reason the tracking info is poor.  My tracking info said my last package was still in PA and it arrived in the afternoon.  A good long time after I ordered it!

Valued Contributor

I totally agree.  Many of my recent orders landed in "in process" purgatory for days where they cannot be expedited or cancelled. Then if you choose to return something you're hit with the two-way shipping charge.  Q customer service just isn't what it used to be, and the dwindling volume of my orders shows that.  Too many great alternatives out there (Macy's, Sephora, Ulta, Costco and of course Amazon).  Other companies seem to value my biz by providing super fast, sometimes free shipping.  Q seems to be doing the opposite:  slower, more expensive "you'll get it when we feel like sending it" mentality.  Theyre going in the wrong direction!

Respected Contributor

@JGalt wrote:

I remember many years ago QVC prided themselves for their efficient warehouses and shipping which were buzzing 24 hrs. a day. Over time they closed warehouses and reduced warehouse working hours.  QVC is very slow to ship and on top of that employs the slowest shipping method possible.

My experience is Q packages the order 4-5 days after order. Then the package takes 3 days to get to the shipping facility. Package travels across the country via the very efficient UPS, then goes to postal service from which the package takes 2-3days to be delivered, or whenever the letter carrier is in the mood to deliver.  

USPS has terrible service and should be shut down because of decades of extreme incompetence.  Actually, yesterday I had a new (to my house) letter carrier who came back to my house 3 times (really!) because he kept finding things for me in his truck. I was pleased that he actually made so much effort. The regular guy marks into their system that the business was closed and they couldn't make the delivery...I live in a house in a residential neighborhood and nearly every day greet the mail truck in person (my dog hears the truck coming and likes being a greeter.)

I used to pay the extra fee to QVC to get their priority shipping, but since they raised their fees last year, it's just too expensive. I would definitely pay QVC $100 a year to get fast shipping/delivery.

This happens to me too and the other annoying thing is our regular carrier doesn't deliver the mail with the packages and to make matters worse he's inconsistent about the order he does things,,,some days it's packages first then he comes back to deliver the mail other days it's mail gets delivered first.  

My other pet peeve is USPS still uses the small trucks and they don't have cubbies or shelves to place packages,,, instead everything just gets thrown in.  When I see my carrier and tell him there is another package in his truck, he makes a big production of climbing in from the back and fishing around to find it.  Horribly inefficient and just dumb! 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Other online vendors are much faster than Q. I ordered from HSN on 5-18. The package was at my post office box here in Alaska by 5-23. At NO extra charge to ship to Alaska, unlike Q (this is regular shipping, not expedited). 

All the other vendors I use supply the tracking # through the post office, EXCEPT Q. You can track a package, but it is not the official post office tracking.

In regard to the posters who keep advising: go shop somewhere else, turn the channel, mute the channel, when they don't like what another poster has typed, are really wasting their time typing, as we ALREADY know there are other options. Just sayin.

Valued Contributor

@truffle, I agree that their S&H policies are rather archaic.  I would rather pay for a premium S&H service such as amazon has, because you pay an annual fee & get not only FREE S&H on many items, but fast 2-day shipping...and oftentimes, we receive items the very next day, which really amazes us!  If they can do it, so can other companies.  As a result, they get the majority of our business.

This forum is called, 'The Suggestion Box.'  Your suggestion is totally valid, & I've seen it posted many, many times over the years.    

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Respected Contributor

@Serenity-Now wrote:

@truffle, I agree that their S&H policies are rather archaic.  I would rather pay for a premium S&H service such as amazon has, because you pay an annual fee & get not only FREE S&H on many items, but fast 2-day shipping...and oftentimes, we receive items the very next day, which really amazes us!  If they can do it, so can other companies.  As a result, they get the majority of our business.

This forum is called, 'The Suggestion Box.'  Your suggestion is totally valid, & I've seen it posted many, many times over the years.    

Thanks for the kind words,  I don't know that I'm on board for giving qvc an annual fee like I do for prime which includes many more things besides fast, free shipping.  Qvc would have to offer much more for the money like Amazon does.

Prime Benefits:

FREE Two-Day Shipping
FREE Two-Day Shipping on millions of items. 

Prime Video
Unlimited instant streaming of thousands of movies and TV episodes.

Prime Music
Unlimited, ad-free access to over a million songs and thousands of playlists and stations.

Prime Photos - NEW
Unlimited photo storage in Amazon Cloud Drive.

Prime Early Access - NEW
30-minute early access to Lightening Deals

Kindle Books
Choose one featured early release book for FREE every month with Kindle First.

Borrow one Kindle Book per month from over 500,000 titles for free on any Kindle device with no due dates. 

More savings for your family
Prime members get 20% off diapers subscriptions, a 15% Baby Registry completion discount, and personalized age-based recommendations, compliments of Amazon Family.
Trusted Contributor

For me, QVC is the slowest to ship items.  For example, I ordered some Lock & Lock the day they had the TSV, and it just shipped today.  The same day I ordered some things from Amazon, and from Wal-Mart.  Both of those two arrived before QVC even shipped their items.  They are the slowest, and charge more than either of the others.  They can't brag about their shipping at all!  It's the worst!