Honored Contributor

I just had the best salad for lunch

We went to a place overlooking the gulf of mexico, and sat outside on the second floor. Saw lots of dolphins! Anyway - the salad -spring greens then a grilled chicken breast, slices of strawberries and dried cranberries and sliced almonds and over the top crumbled feta cheese. Dressing was a lime/honey vinegrette. Absolutely fabulous.

Honored Contributor

Re: I just had the best salad for lunch

I just had a peanut butter sandwich..two slices of seed bread and a big smear of the peanut butter.I ate this looking out at my backyard birdwatching and project planning.Your lunch sounds wonderful.

Honored Contributor

I keep crumbled feta and dried cranberries on hand just for this reason. I use a raspberry lime vinagrette and need very little because of the feta and cranberries. Some candied walnuts or pecans are a great addition, too. I also keep frozen grilled chicken on hand in case I want to toss some of that into the bowl and make it a whole meal instead of a side item.

Respected Contributor

I love eating outside on a nice warm day especially if it is overlooking the water!  Your salad sounds really good.

Unfortunately I'm in the Midwest and it is cold and rainy today. I did have a good lunch at home though - a Whole Foods just opened in our area and I bought a small container of Sonoma chicken salad. Very tasty!

Honored Contributor

I enjoy a good salad. Your sounds very good, and the atmosphere delightful. Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

Your's sounds better than mine!  We had a farewell dessert party for a retiring lady here at work.  A slice of cake and crackers/cheese was my lunch.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

They call it their berry chicken salad and it normally comes with cranberries, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries but i am allergic to raspberries and blueberries so they really piled on the strawberries and cranberries.

Honored Contributor

YUM!!! Love Salads & fruit. Just ate some red grapes & strawberries.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We are going out with friends on their boat next week and I said I would bring lunch & snacks. I plan to take turkey hoagies and strawberries and grapes for snacks because they are easy to eat and there is no mess. Last time I took clementines and - uck - between having to peel them and they had seeds we were spitting into the gulf of mexico, so this time I am only taking finger foods.Probably some cookies for dessert. Oh yeah , and blackberry wine - can't forget the wine.

Honored Contributor

Not a big fan of lettuce type salads.  Whatnow's peanut butter sandwich is more my style for lunch.