Honored Contributor

Cherry pie or apple pie filling, besides a pie, what do you make with yours?

I'd love to know.

Honored Contributor

Re: Cherry pie or apple pie filling, besides a pie, what do you make with yours?

[ Edited ]

Dump cake. Topping for cheesecake.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Re: Cherry pie or apple pie filling, besides a pie, what do you make with yours?

Kraft's recipe for cherry cheese danish is probably an all time favorite.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Respected Contributor

Nothing...because then I would eat it, and I shouldn't!!!

Valued Contributor

Cherry cobbler!

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Respected Contributor

@qualitygal. I just thought of a recipe I haven't fixed in years.  When my kids were young I had a crock pot recipe for Cherry Pork Chops.....you poured a can of cherry pie filling over the chops and I think there was a bit of mace in the recipe.  Maybe if you google you could find it.  

My son loved it...I think he makes it once in awhile for his own family.

Trusted Contributor

Cake mix (or homemade) in a 13x9 pan. Any flavor. In 6 or 8 dollops add pie filling. Cake will bake up around filling and you then cut cake into the sections where the filling is so you have each piece with the pie filling cooked in the middle. Chocolate cake is great with cherry as is yellow cake. Spice or yellow is great with apple. Super simple and when cut and dusted with a bit of powdered sugar the cake squares make a nice presentation.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cherry Delight Salad

1 (20 ounce) cans cherry pie filling

1 (20 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, drained

1 (8 ounce) containers Cool Whip, thawed

1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk

1 cup crushed walnuts or pecans (optional)

1 cup shredded coconut (optional)

Mix all of the ingredients together and chill overnight.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

As a. young bride, I saw the DAIRY COUNCIL COFFEE CAKE demonstrated on a local TV station and wrote for the recipe.  My family has enjoyed it for more than 40 years.  In fact, my son got county 4-H grand champion with it about 30 years ago. . . 

DAIRY COUNCIL COFFEE CAKE

1 c butter, soft

13/4 c sugar

4 eggs

3 c flour

1 1/2 t salt

1 1/2 t baking powder

1 can prepared pie filling (cherry looks the prettiest, but any variety can be used)

Cream butter and sugar together; beat in eggs, one at a time.  Mix well. Sift dry ingredients together and beat in.  Set aside 1 c of batter.  Spread the remaining batter on greased jelly roll pan.  Top batter with pie filling.  Dab remaining cup of batter on top of pie filling; don't spread it.  Bake at 350 degrees until lightly golden (approximately 15-20 minutes).  Don't over bake.  Glaze with mixture of 1 12/ c powdered sugar, 1 T melted butter and 2 T hot water.  

Trusted Contributor

None of my suggestions are for "calorie counters" but are delicious "once-in-a -while" treats!

-  Topping for chocolate mousse or pudding (the cherry filling is for this.)     

-  Topping for french toast (either one is delicious for this.)

-  Warmed, both of these are delicious on icecream (cherry on chocolate or vanilla

icecream; apple delicious on vanilla icecream.)

-  Both are wonderful on angel food cake or pound cake slices for a quick and easy

yummy dessert...whipped cream optional but always welcomed!

-