Trusted Contributor

What's for Dinner Tonight? Sunday Oct. 1

DH is off to work in a couple of hours and will be gone for three days. I have a horrible creeping crud of a cold.

I am making potsticker soup. It's similar to the one posted here but making for just one and I change up the veggies. I use snap peas, shiitake mushrooms and julienned carrot as well as the green onion. I also add a tiny splash of fish sauce to the broth as well as a touch of tamari. 

How about you?

Happy Sunday!

Honored Contributor

Re: What's for Dinner Tonight? Sunday Oct. 1

I eat out at least 4 days a week.  A friend (another widow) and I enjoy eating lunch together.  We go to restaurants, sit for about 1 1/2 hours and talk.  It's very enjoyable.

Anyway, usually on the weekends she shops with a friend she used to work with.  Ugh!  I can't do that even if I wanted to (bad back).

So, I made myself my spaghetti sauce to carry me through weeks and maybe a month or two (a huge pot of it).

I use the sauce for spaghetti, lasagna and other tomato based recipes.

When the weather gets cold(er), I'll make some vegetable soup.  Let it cook all night.  The meat (I use filet mignon) is so tender it falls apart.  I freeze all of it and eat it when I don't want to go out due to weather or just want to be alone.

Tonight I'll have the spaghetti....yum...getting hungry thinking about it.

Honored Contributor

I will be making a chicken breast stir fy.  I cut up chicken into small cube pieces.  Large frying pan with a little olive oil and add chicken pieces cook for a minute or two and add chopped:  red pepper, onion and mushrooms.  Yum.

You can serve with rice or a salad.  HeartCat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I have fall vegetable curry bubbling away on the stove. It has a sweet potato, cauliflower, chick peas, tomatoes and onions. It is a new to me recipe, but it smells wonderful.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

DH is the cook here. I clean up.

We are having shepard's pie.  Not much can be in the pie due to the limited items I can eat. It is hamberger, mashed potatoes (salt,pepper)tomato sauce, black olives-sliced,  mix hamberger with the black olives, then spread the mashed potatoes on top of the hamberget mixture and bake for 30 minutes at 350.

Next week chili.

Respected Contributor

Baked salmon, jasmine rice & steamed califlower. Tonight I'll be watching Columbo & treat myself to 2 sugar cookies & a cup of coffee.

Esteemed Contributor

Broccoli, cheese, rice casserole. Half with mushrooms.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll be making baked skinless chicken thighs with potatoes, onions,

green peppers, and mushrooms.😋  May you all enjoy your Sunday dinner!

Esteemed Contributor

Kielbasa and cabbage with caraway seeds, roasted onion soup potatoes, banana bread. Also, I have riccota cheese left over from an earlier recipe, so I'm trying my hand at gnocchi with a sage butter. We'll see....

Honored Contributor

I wanted to make a lasagna, but didn't want to go out for noodles.  So ziti it is, with leftovers to bring to work for lunch tomorrow.