3 Packet Roast

Ingredients:

1 large beef chuck roast

1 1/2 cups water

1 package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix

1 packet dry brown gravy mix

1 package dry ranch dressing mix

Directions:

Whisk together the water, Italian dressing mix, brown gravy mix and ranch dressing mix in a bowl until smooth. Place the beef roast into a slow cooker and pour the sauce over top. Cook on low for 8 hours.  

NEXT INGREDIENT:    BLACK OR GREEN OLIVES

Honored Contributor

Re: AUGUST 2017 RECIPE GAME

[ Edited ]

@Firemans Wife 2001 You're recipe sounds wonderful and easy!  Will definitely give this a try since I often have these packers on hand! Thank you for sharing. 

My husband LOVES olives and dislikes cauliflower but when I combine them both I get no complaints. 

Cauliflower with Lemon & Olives

1 large head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces

2 lemons

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon minced shallot

1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or ¼ teaspoon dried

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

2 tablespoons chopped oil-cured or Kalamata olives (I use more than this but can adjust to taste)

Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Add cauliflower, cover and steam until tender, about 4 minutes.

Meanwhile, remove skin and white pith from lemons with a sharp knife. Working over a bowl, cut segments from the membranes. Coarsely chop the segments and transfer to a serving bowl. Squeeze juice from the lemon peel and membranes and add 1 tablespoon of the juice to the bowl with the segments.

Add oil, shallot, water, thyme, salt and pepper to the serving bowl. Stir to combine. Add the cauliflower and toss to coat. Sprinkle with olives. Serve warm or at room temperature.

IMG_4693.JPG

Next Ingredient: ENDIVE