Valued Contributor

Alberti's Glazed Carrots recipe

Has anyone tried his recipe?  Looking for an easy side dish and this certainly is quick and easy.  Would appreciate some reviews if you have tried them!  Thanks. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Alberti's Glazed Carrots recipe

[ Edited ]

Yes it was good.

Made it when it first was printed but not a big carrot fan as the harvest veggies come it will do it again.

eta:

Went to check his recipe because it was so long ago and  never purchase coconut oil or orange juice so substituted olive oil  and Braggs apple cider vinegar for those items. 

Do not like when people say they made a recipe and changed it but proud of myself cause I never make carrots. Basically its good and pretty so his should be better.

Respected Contributor

Trusted Contributor

@coconut1818   I haven't tried Alberti's carrots, but one of the few things I've ever really loved at Cracker Barrel is their glazed carrots.  Here's a version for you to compare with Alberti's recipe:

Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Baby Carrots
Recipe adapted from Tampa Bay Times – March 2, 2011

Unfortunately, we have to drive about 90 miles to get to a Cracker Barrel. My husband and my mother love their sweet baby carrots. After testing several different knockoff recipes, I finally found one that is virtually identical to those delectable carrots served at the restaurant.  If you don’t have baby cut carrots, just cut regular size carrots into 1-inch lengths.

Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 45 minutes Serves: 8

2 pounds fresh baby carrots
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
1 pinch ground nutmeg (optional)

Rinse carrots and place in a 2-quart saucepan. Pour in enough water to just cover the top of the carrots. Cover the pan with a lid, place on medium heat, and bring to a boil. Turn the heat to low and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes, until the carrots are tender when pricked with a fork.

When carrots are tender, pour off half of the water. Add the butter, sugar, and salt and place the lid back on the pan. Cook until completely tender but not mushy. More salt may be added if needed. For a little flair, add a pinch of ground nutmeg.

Respected Contributor

Would someone please tell me how to get to the hosts recipes?  I would like Alberti's carrot recipe.  TIA

Honored Contributor

@Honeybit wrote:

@coconut1818   I haven't tried Alberti's carrots, but one of the few things I've ever really loved at Cracker Barrel is their glazed carrots.  Here's a version for you to compare with Alberti's recipe:

Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Baby Carrots
Recipe adapted from Tampa Bay Times – March 2, 2011

Unfortunately, we have to drive about 90 miles to get to a Cracker Barrel. My husband and my mother love their sweet baby carrots. After testing several different knockoff recipes, I finally found one that is virtually identical to those delectable carrots served at the restaurant.  If you don’t have baby cut carrots, just cut regular size carrots into 1-inch lengths.

Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 45 minutes Serves: 8

2 pounds fresh baby carrots
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
1 pinch ground nutmeg (optional)

Rinse carrots and place in a 2-quart saucepan. Pour in enough water to just cover the top of the carrots. Cover the pan with a lid, place on medium heat, and bring to a boil. Turn the heat to low and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes, until the carrots are tender when pricked with a fork.

When carrots are tender, pour off half of the water. Add the butter, sugar, and salt and place the lid back on the pan. Cook until completely tender but not mushy. More salt may be added if needed. For a little flair, add a pinch of ground nutmeg.

@Honeybit

this is pretty much how i do my glazed carrots, except i dont use the nutmeg, i do add a pinch of saffron for a beautiful color and flavor, AND i sometimes substitute cicken broth for part of the water.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@luvsbulldogs

the easiest way is to just put the word RECIPES into the qvc search bar.

OR

you can hover your cursor over the kitchen and food on the drop down shop by category bar on the homepage and towards the bottom you will see the link for QVC RECIPES.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@luvsbulldogs wrote:

Would someone please tell me how to get to the hosts recipes?  I would like Alberti's carrot recipe.  TIA

@luvsbulldogs

Glazed Carrots
by on ‎11-15-2016 04:23 AM

I have the perfect simple side dish that always impresses guests and adds a pop of color to your Thanksgiving table! Your guests will love it! 
11062710_909206965836048_3106020499864174932_n.jpg

Glazed Carrots

Ingredients:
5 medium carrots, peeled
¼ cup coconut oil
2 teaspoons honey
¼ teaspoon cumin
¼ cup orange juice
A dash of cayenne pepper
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/8 cup chopped parsley

Directions:
Cut carrots at a diagonal to create large slices that show off the center. Add oil to a cast-iron skillet and heat over medium heat.

When oil is hot, place carrots in oil and cook until tender, about 6 minutes. Add honey, cumin, cayenne, and orange juice to the skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until the glaze has formed over the carrots, coating them. Season with salt and pepper and top with parsley before serving (it looks really pretty!!)

Serve right away to your family and friends.

Enjoy!

Alberti

Xoxo

For additional recipes click on the banner below:

Valued Contributor

I'll try some of these!  Thanks!

I just cook mine in the microwave, drain and use a squirt of sugar free pancake syrup to coat.

Honored Contributor

I make my by steaming the carrots and in the meantime I make a quick sauce using butter, brown sugar and if it's handy a splash of bourbon.  Toss the carrots in the sauce and enjoy!