Honored Contributor
On 12/9/2014 CaitlinH said:
On 12/9/2014 sashamatthews said:

I posted this on another thread, but I believe what you are seeing now are products selected under the previous management team. I can only think the new management team is reading these forums, reading Facebook, watching HSN - totally looking for a new selling style to keep QVC current. The 20-somethings aren't buying here, but we mature women sure are if the price is right. I agree - get on the free shipping bandwagon, have a $9.95 shipping charge day (for instance, you could buy 10 beauty items and they ship for a total of $9.95 if purchased on the same day), shake things up to match other online retailers' policies.

Yes we are! It's just a majority of the clothing lines are geared towards mature women. I love Nicole Richie and Seth Aaron's line but what keeps me from purchasing are the prices and shipping charges. (I'm lusting over Nicole's faux fur vest and really want her long sleeve maxi for xmas parties but I refuse to buy after looking at the final prices with shipping.) The only thing keeping me interested in QVC are the Wen kits and (very rarely) other beauty items. I posted this before but I often find myself purchasing from HSN because of their incredible clearance section or the deals they offer. I just got 3 awesome clothing items from Tiana B for under $50 total including shipping!

Take note Q... not only have your more established customers caught on to the notion of reduced shipping and come to expect it, but the younger demographic you so seem to covet are fully steeped in the notion... If you want to compete, sooner or later you're going to have to accept retail reality! More and more both younger and established shoppers are citing backing out of their carts when they see the total price, including shipping.

I don't think anyone expects across the board free shipping, but really, they could do a better job and they could surely work toward combining orders.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

As in the words of that famous Frozen song - Let it Go

These higher ups changed this company without asking any of us our opinion. It is time to live with the present setup of QVC or else drop out. They still have Judith Ripka for you jewelry lovers and Mrs. Prindle's apples for you food lovers and Jim Shore for you figurine lovers so there are still a few crumbs left. You just have to glean them amid the repetitious stuff.

Trusted Contributor
Somebody somewhere must like what they're selling. NOT me. I do have to chuckle when somebody has to write on a post (above this one) that a disinterested watcher needs to ""take a break"" from Q. And watch another channel. Do ya think??
Regular Contributor

It isn't just you.

All you said is how I feel. I just don't watch any more. Shipping costs prevent me from buying. If other companies can offer free shipping,why is it a problem for QVC to at least offer reasonable shipping.

The offerings now are so far out there that they are silly I would not wear alot of the stuff to a dog fight.

Honored Contributor

You know, I think for most of us, if there was any indication of it getting better we'd be willing to wait it out, but sadly, there isn't. It just keeps on keeping on with the same tired array. In fact, it just seems to get worse and worse. Take this weekend for example... PLEASE, take this weekend...!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Well said, OP. Back in the day QVC didn't have much competition from other online retailers. But now, they simply cannot keep up. The prices of certain lines that used to be affordable (like D&C) are now overpriced----not too mention they want close to $8 to ship a single item of clothing.

Super Contributor

I still like QVC, but they do need new vendors, as does HSN. QVC, HSN and Shop HQ offer flex pays that are great for customers who don't want to get hit with apayment all at once, and they are interest free. This is what gives them a great advantage over competing with other retails outlets.

Respected Contributor

Too many times I've purchased some "innovative" product from the Q only to see it a few weeks later in the discount stores for half what I paid for it. No more of that.

Thank heaven for modern TV. All the shopping channels are located together in my U-Verse program guide, so I just go through it for the coming day before I go to bed. I simply set the DVR for the shows that interest me, then I play them back later when I'm home (usually on 3X or 4X fast forward!)

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I think if you cancel an order there should be some options to check the reason for cancelling....shipping costs should be one of the choices to click on.....they would then get accurate feedback on how many sales they are losing due to this. Other sites offer this option.

Super Contributor

the vendor reps are fake -- just West Chester locals trained to tout a line of goods instead of the authentic executives or reps from the manufacturers -- and the fakeness shows

The Dooney and Burke and Clark's vendors seem pretty well educated on their products. I have to pay attention to some of the other vendors.